GUN CCW encounter...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pagani, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Pagani

Pagani Guest

So like five of us went and got our CCW permit. I, personally carry ALL the time now except for at work or when I get dressed up. Well, one of the other guys that was in it with me was in a car wreck yesterday...Nothing major, but he said when he hit the guys car and they stopped, he jumped out and ran around the back side of his car headed to the front right side to view the damage. He said the idea was to get away from coming traffic and have the two cars as a blocker. Well, I guess the way he was running looked like he was fleeing the scene. The other driver was a ccw carrier, too. He drew his weapon and yelled something along the lines of "MF'r you ain't going anywhere until the cops get here". Who here would have drawn their weapon and laid his ass to rest? He told the cops he was trying to hit an run and he told them what he was trying to do. They did not do anything to the guy for exposing his weapon. I thought they should have taken it. I was told not to pull my weapon unless I or my immediate family was in a life threatening situation.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

He sounds like a fucking cowboy.

3. Pagani

Pagani Guest

I was not there, so i'm going off what I was told. I am not sure if there were words exchanged or if the guy felt threatened.

4. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

I wouldn't of drawn.

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

dude should definitely be arrested/ticketed for brandishing and anything else associated

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

oh, you're asking if your friend should have drawn after the guy drew on him. tough call. i'd say yes simply because it's obvious this guy was a little off the hinge.

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

if his friend drew there would have been a shoot out. unless the other guy was a jackoff and only drew to scare :dunno:

if the story is true, then the guy who drew should get in SOME type of trouble

8. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Point being if the guy drew for such nonsense, what's to make him think the guy won't pull the trigger if he flinches or somoething.

9. Pagani

Pagani Guest

Yes, that is what I am asking. I think I would have wanted to draw my weapon, but if the other guy already had his out, it would be stupid for me to try. I'd get shot. He said the guy did not hold it on him the entire time, however, he pulled and pointed it.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I'd file a formal complaint, most definitely.

11. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

That probably would have been a bad idea because the other guy sounds like a nutcase.

12. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

if he's a nutcase he might shoot you whether or not you draw :dunno:

furthermore, if he's erratic enough to draw because he "thinks" you're running from an accident, he probably can't shoot worth a shit anyway.

13. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I probably would have made sure my draw wouldn't be hindered so I could get my weapon out quickly. And I'd probably keep my distance from the guy...

14. t1h

t1h Guest

there's prolly more to the story, but if someone drew on me, i'd prolly draw on them and fire, but i'd need more info on this story

15. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

you only draw a gun if you intend to fire it..It shouldnt be used to negociate situations, its there to END them

16. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Only if I felt I could shoot better than him. :o

17. GTP

GTP New Member

if the story goes the way it is written here, then yeah, the guy drawing is in the wrong. However, I would probably draw back and be in the right because my life is in danger by the acts of some cowboy CCW'r

18. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Not enough information. Sucky story though.