ccna test

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mikeg001, Feb 7, 2008.

1. mikeg001

mikeg001 New Member

Has anyone taken the new ccna test my cert expired in 05 and need to take the new test 640-802 just wanted to get a idea on how difficult it was.

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I have taken it twice and failed it twice.
    I am under a lot of pressure to take it a third time from family and friends.
    I don't think I have what it takes to pass it.

Having said that....

If you have worked in IT and put those skills to use over the years it shouldn't be too hard.

I think the only questions they have added over the years is a couple on Wi-Fi.

3. bovine

bovine New Member

I failed it by less than one question right before I said fuck it and went to school to get an EE degree.

I don't remember it being difficult; I just didn't study much. But difficulty is pretty subjective. I'm sure if you're familiar with the technology, skimming through a prep book will be sufficient to pass it.

4. Fewleftstanding

Fewleftstanding New Member

I don't remember it being too difficult. I wrote it in October, so I wrote the older version of the CCNA, the 640-801 afaik.

As far as I know, the main differences in the new one are that there is no more ISDN, and they added ipv6, wifi, and possibly voip.

5. lukin87

lukin87 New Member

I got the 640-801 not too long ago (i work for cisco so it was free ;) )

Fewleftstanding is right about the differences though.

The best way to get it is to use the "pass-for-sure" software.. its an exact replica of the exam so really its cheating but its still useful.