GUN CCI blazer brass .45acp woes....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

i ordered a 1/2 case of this stuff from natchez not too long ago....i finally get around to checkin em out today and much to my dismay i had 3 boxes where nearly half the rounds in each box had HORRIBLE bullet setback....were talkin bullets pushed nearly all the way into the cases..
    has anybody else had issues with the blazer brass .45?
    should i call speer and request to send these boxes in for an exchange from a different lot? would they even do that?
    ive been using CCI/speer ammo almost exclusively in my pistols for range/HD and id hate to have my views on them hurt because of these quality control issues.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

You should go ahead and contact them about it. Worst case scenario they tell you you're SOL.

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Agreed.

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I've never ordered any online, but I've shot hundreds of rounds of blazer and never seen anything like that.

I'd call em.

5. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Go for the exchange deal. They've actually gone thru a couple iterations of Blazer Brass in .45 The first ones that had the ugly looking cases, which I never had a problem with, I guess were having QC issues. So my last case of BB now has standard CCI headstamp brass but dirtier powder. I'd let them swap 'em, then you should be good to go.

6. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

yea im thinkin i may call the company and see what they say....ive been using blazer aluminum in 9mm and .45 for the longest time and never had any problems and the rounds always looked top notch. But the brass cased line seems to look pretty sorry in terms of quality. the cases are kinda spotted with discoloration and the bullets look like pretty uneven too in terms of surface smoothness.

FWIW, i have a couple hundred rounds of the 9mm blazer brass and those look and shoot great....go figure.