A&P CC some maternity photos ...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Cobber, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

lemme know what you think ...

Or what I could improve

:noes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I like all except for #2... the angle just doesn't work for me. a 3/4 turn of her body, and her looking down at her belly would have been better IMO....

3. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

#1 is great. i'd either crop tighter to get her breasts out of the frame or include them. right now you're cutting them off at a weird spot and making the viewer want to see more (in a bad way.)

#2 the white balance seems way off and makes her look sickly. wide angle lens also does not give her a very pleasing shape. if i were you i would tell her to take that lip ring out, it's distracting as hell.

#3 is cool except if i didn't know this was part of a maternity shot i would have no friggin clue what it was. if you used side lighting on the stomach it would give some dimension and make it look rounder...add a hand and your viewer might understand more of what it is.

#4 i like the idea except the question mark is just tacky as fuck. i like all the hand prints though, those are definatly a good idea. i'd put a light on her legs to seperate them from the background, right now she looks like she has no legs and is floating. big no no.

overall man, you did a great job and i'm sure she loves them. sorry if my critique was too harsh, just wanted to let you know my point of view thats all.

good job dude

4. Cobber

:hs:

[​IMG]

got her looking away ... just need to have her turn

5. Cobber

oh and I have one without the question mark ...

[​IMG]

The ? was requested

6. Cobber

Oh and thanks for the CC ... keep them coming because I'm shooting again this weekend

7. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

how many lights do you have to work with?

The straight on view works if you can sculpt the light to show she's pregnant. when I shot a bunch of maternity stuff with my wife an umbrella high up pointing down worked pretty well... also lighting from the sides worked nicely. But do try and turn her body a little so you get the full effect of her stomach.

8. Cobber

I have 2 novatron strobs ... all these were shot with one and a reflector. It was all done in the bedroom too so the area was kinda small ... this weekend we are making the basement into the studio so I will have both strobes and maybe a BG light.

9. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

10. Spurious

Spurious New Member

#1: I like the concept and the lighting but if you're going to show any breast show it all OR just below the nipple, having just the very bottoms add noise to the photo.

#2: I would have thrown more symmetry at this shot, lining her up dead center with the frame. I would have also had her look down with the left arm all the way across to the top of the stomach and likewise with the right as far as it could go whilst looking comfortable, so you'd have her arms framing the stomach. Probably would have went black and white too.

#3: I like it, but unless it's included with other maternity photos people may have a hard time identifying it right away.

#4: Not really a fan, it looks like she's leaning back creating some unflattering roll-type things at the top of her stomach. Your second version is a much better position but I would throw at least some gentle falloff light on the pants, but that's a personal thing with me, I hate disembodied things. If you do reshoot I would do the question mark in the same style (mixed paint) but I would do it with powder blue and pink.

11. Cobber

1. The original shot has full boob ... but with the new OT and her family seeing the pics she opted to have them cut out ... I will recrop it to show a little bottom boob, or none at all

2 Reshooting this weekend.

3. reshooting with different light to show more depth and too see the size/shape of her belly more.

4. She is/was very thin ... so she looks like she swallowed a basketball ... the spots you are talking about are her ribs lol ... I asked her to hold her arms up in the second pic to get rid of them

12. Cobber

thanks for the words folks :wavey:

13. Cobber

Oh and FYI ... the paint pics are with the new D3 ...

And it sucks balls. Well not really sucks balls but it is not very good. Nikon needs to work on their "flagship" camera.