GUN CC in AZ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JaimeZX, Feb 21, 2007.

1. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Okay. I'm checking out packing.org and their site lists the ofllowing prohibitions in AZ:
    The bold area above appears to restrict carry in restaurants where you can get an adult beverage. This would include most sit-down restaurants. amirite or am I reading this wrong? That's kind of irritating, isn't it?

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Annoying.

A friend of mine and me were at a bar in Flagstaff and he had a bunch of loose .40 in with his change and the bartender kinda half-jokingly said "I think that's illegal."

3. itchiban

itchiban New Member

Wow for some reason i thought it was illegal to carry in an establishment that served mainly alcohol. Like if 50% (abritrary) or more of revenue was generated from alcohol sales you couldn't carry. That was to allow carry in resturaunts that served alcohol but functioned primarily as an eatery.

good thing i know now :hs:

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Nope. Any place licensed to serve for consumption on the premesis. Some states have that >50% rule, but not AZ.

To be honest, I carry all the time - judged by twelve and all that... I don't drink though.

5. Crossett

Crossett New Member

Texas is like that. If a place makes > 50% of it's income from alcohol you can't carry there.

6. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Well not carrying to a bar makes sense, but not being able to go into Applebee's or some Chinese restaurant seems silly.
    Alas.
    It is the law.

7. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

exactly, thats where you would need it the most.

8. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

You think the logical thing would be to make it illegal to consume alcohol while carrying.

9. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

to be honest, I would rather risk getting a felony for carrying in a resteraunt and protecting my family's life or mine than just not carry at all.

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I generally feel the same, but to play devil's advocate, if you do get that felony how are you going to protect their life with a fire arm then?

11. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i don't drink when i carry and i always make it a point to sit in the seats away from the bar - even if the establishment is mainly a bar, so long as they have booths, i will carry there

one of my ccw instructors who was a part time judge, part time attorney said that if we were ever cited for this, he would represent us free of charge - he has taught similar classes and given the same offer for the 20 or so years he's been practicing and has never once been taken up on it

basically, just don't sit at a bar, the general consensus i that booths/other tables are ok