GUN CC Crew v MTAC help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Luciano, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Luciano

Luciano Guest

I posted a gun-crew addendum in teh main, but *surprisingly* go no response.

Im having M-Tac issues. How, or can, one tuck ones cloting in with the Minataur?

2. Luciano

Luciano Guest

Logistically, i understand it.

Im a pretty skinny guy, and the bulge is "noticable" to say the least. Not that thats really an issue, but i was thinking it would be less. Im satisfied either way, but i would like my bulge, handgun wise, to be a little smaller.

G23, btw

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

Double stack is going to tough to tuck especially if your thin. Baggy pants, crank your belt down as tight as you can stand it, and "blouse" your shirt out after you've tucked it.

4. Luciano

Luciano Guest

Well, shit. I rarely have a reason to tuck, other than to dress up occasionally, so it wont be to big of an issue.
    Thanks for all the halp, y'all. Big fan of both teh weapon and holster thus far.

5. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I use my thunder wear if I have to tuck. MTAC is too noticeable :o

6. Luciano

Luciano Guest

MEH, I CANT DO THUNDERWEAR.

Edit: I didnt scream that. I didnt realize taht i was capped and locked.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yup, I don't think the grip length on the g23 helps much either. Personally I don't find that these big pancake 'o leather + kydex holsters do much for concealment. They're comfortable but I find some of the all leather holsters to have designs that lead toward better concealment.

8. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

NO PROBLEM BRO. ITS NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE. :cool:

9. Luciano

Luciano Guest

any issue with slide/barrel coverage collapsing? It would seem that reholstering would/could be difficult after break in?

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Most leather holsters come with a reinforced mouth to keep it from collapsing. Personally I prefer the holsters without reinforcing because they're thinner. How often are you reholstering?

11. Luciano

Luciano Guest

:rofl: every time!

No, what i mean is sweat/wear/time squishing your holster seems like a bad deal. The only all leather IWBs ive seen are just taht. All leather. So ive steered clear.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Perhaps I don't really understand what you're worried about. People have been doing it for decades. Most holster makers put an acrylic sealant on the holster so its really not going to soak up too much nasty stuff. Obviously the holster can't collapse with a gun in it even if it isn't reinforced.

13. Luciano

Luciano Guest

I wouldnt worry about understanding it. Its more than likely psychosymatic, being my affinity towards kydex. :dunno:
    i bought the C-Tac, and the M-Tac to see which was better. Comfort wise, MTac was far superior, but the bulk of both makes me meh.

14. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

All my IWB holsters are leather, kydex is uncomfortable for me, and I've never had a rust problem with them even when it's 95 and I'm sweating my ass off. Unless you are carrying a blued gun with a delicate finish you aren't going to have a problem.