GUN CC crew, clothes question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Jul 18, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

When I wear nicer shirts or even nicer t-shirts I like to have a tighter fit at least on the upper body. When I carry I tend to need a shirt that is loose around the waist and a little longer to feel comfortable that the gun is well covered and not printing. It normally winds up that nicer clothes are mediums and gun clothes are larges. I was wondering if anyone had come across a brand of shirts that was more athletic and a tighter fit through the shoulders and chest but was looser and longer around the waist.

I'm willing to bet no such thing exsists, but who knows maybe there is a gun nut out there that makes shirts for us.

2. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

Have you tried the Polo custom fit shirts? I'm not sure how they are on the waist, but they fit tighter up top, for sure.

3. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I have the same problem, but in my everday wear. I hate wearing baggy clothes. I don't like form fitting stuff, but I can't stand when a shirt is down too far past my waist or looks like a dress or something. I'm pretty interested to see how well it works for me when I start carrying.

4. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I wore large polo shirts before CCW and still wear large polo shirts after CCW and I don't print or anything? :dunno: Have you tried wearing your shirts and seeing if they print and or do they print? From the way you worded it it sounded more like you were just worried about it possibly printing?

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I already have the holsters that I plan on carrying with so I know that I print with them. I think I just need to get some weight of my mid-section :o

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i'm fat so all my shirts are big anyhow, it makes it easier since ive lost alot of weight and i'm still wearing the same clothes :o :o

7. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I just carry in my pocket when I have to tuck my shirt in.

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

How's that going for you? I fell off the wagon again :( I keep trying to get myself motivated to start going back to the gym.

9. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I just have a nice sized spare tire going that I hope to get rid of, but what to do in the meantime? The way i wear my pants puts the spare tire in the right spot to push the holster out on a weird angle from my body. I think I need to start carrying farther to my back, like 5 oclock or so.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

im at 72.4lbs so far. i want to lose another 90-100 :o

11. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I carry 4-5:00 comfortably, 3:00 hurts my hip bone, I think all my body fat is in my stomach, because it just hurts my bones to have it rub up on them, like I don't have any cushioning there.

12. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Same here
    Ahern pocket holster for G27 prints like a wallet

13. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

I'm very skinny. I'm hoping I don't print. Holster still not here. :o

14. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I think having a gun belt will help keep the holster closer to my body a lot better. Right now I have a nice belt, but it's pretty damn flimsy even when I tighten the shit out of it. I have an Aker gun belt coming from Galls any day now so that should do the trick.

15. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

A good belt definately helps. A lot of people, especially on here, are belt nazi's and if you don't order some custom leather belt, it's shit. I've got a few deparment store belts that are more comfortable for me to wear than either of my two "custom" belts.

16. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Well the Aker belt is a true gun belt, it's just not custom. I ordered a 34 not even thinking about wearing IWB so I ended up sending it back for a 36. The belt felt really strong and sturdy but I didn't have my holster at the time to verify. I'm guessing the Aker belt will be here by the middle of next week so I'll report back with my findings then.

17. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I have some larges and the like that don't print, I also have some thin shirts that print like a bitch (or at least clearly show a buldge) some of my tighters shirts also print. Also some of my mediums are cut in a way that even if they don't print the show part of my belt and can make the holster clip visable. Just wanted to see if there was a way to keep the gun and the tighter shirts through the chest or not.

18. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Yea, don't get me wrong, I love my Don Hume belt too, but a lot of people on here think if it's not special order it's crap. But there are some cheaper belts you can pick up at department stores and local leather shops that are just as good, if not better.

Definately make a post about the Aker belt though, I'd be interested in hearing how you like it. I haven't read a whole lot about those.

When I ordered my Hume back a few months ago I measured my current belt hole that I wore with my gun, and it was at 38 so I ordered that. Hume came in and it was the last hole, and I had to squeeze into it. Luckily since then I've lost a bit of weight and gone down 2, about to have to move a 3rd one tighter. One of my Wilson leather belts I can't use anymore with or without the belt though, until I punch some new holes into it.

19. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I'll write a review of my carry stuff after I've been doing so for about a month. I still have yet to get the permit but turnaround times are about 3-4 weeks here, so it'll be a couple months till I review.

I have the following to review:
    -Bianchi 105 minimalist
    -Aker gun belt
    -Bianchi accumold single and double mag holders
    -High Noon Holsters Tailgunner (Ordered in April, should be here end of August)

20. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

I'm wanting to order the wilderness instructor belt, but I want to see about dropping a few pounds, first, since there's only a few inch leeway available.

21. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

That was one of the reasons that I only ordered the cheapo Aker belt. I'm not fat but I have a few extra pounds around the middle of me from all the beer since I've been 21, so if I manage to loose some weight in the next few months I won't be stuck with a belt that's 6" too long :o

22. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'5" around 140, but I can conceal my USPc pretty well even with tightish shirts on. I have a C.T.A.C. but I find myself using my cheapo Bianchi clip on IWB holster because it conceals way better than I thought it would. So far, I've found I can wear just about whatever I want without too much worries.

I'll take some pictures of it later...

23. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Do you have a model number of the bianchi you use? Or a link to it?

24. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

This is the one that I have:
    http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=100

Just find the model that fits your handgun...

I like it because I can control the cant really well and that helps with concealing the handgun because I adjust it to where the grip is up against my back.