CBR600RR riding position

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by KW, Jun 30, 2003.

1. KW

KW Guest

Got to ride a new CBR600RR this weekend. This was the first sportbike I've ever ridden. I was a bit worried at first that I wouldn't be able to handle the bike, but it was actually quite easy to ride ... very responsive and light feeling, but not too twitchy. The thing had tons of power ... I didn't have the nuts to take it over 10k rpm. Apparently the seating position on these new RR's is a lot farther forward then most other sportbikes. The riding position was pretty uncomfortable for me (I'm 6' 200lbs), with my elbows sitting on my knees the whole time. Anybody know how this compares to something like a CBR 600F3 or YZR 600R? I'm thinking about picking up one of those in the next year.

2. Mike99TA

Mike99TA I don't have anything clever to put here right now

For the most part, the older the sport bike the more comfortable it will be, as they were less aggressive the older you go (not always true, but mostly).

As far as the CBR's go, yes, the sitting position is more comfortable/upright than the more aggressive GSXR and Yamaha's. Kawasaki probably makes the least-aggressive riding position sportbikes (read: most comfortable), but I think Honda has a good balance in the middle. If you're just too big you just may need a different sized bike, however I'm 5'10 168 lbs and I fit both the CBR600F4i and CBR954RR i have just fine.

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

im 6' 3" and i have at least sat on every major sport bike in the 600cc class, i think i fit on the new 600rr better then any other aggressive stanced bike...i plan/hope on picking one up fairly soon

4. Matrix XII

Matrix XII Guest

I want to get a CBR600F4I :)

5. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

you have have long ass legs ... try getting some after market rearsets and moving them as far back as you can go if you knees are really hitting you elbows

i'll show off some pics of my riding position on my 600RR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. oakie

oakie my ninja.

this has changed with the 03 ZX-6R and 04 ZX-10R.

lots of wrist strain if you're shorter than 6'. the seat cushion makes an R1 or R6 seat pad feel like a lazyboy. dampening has been set to "kidney failure" from the factory.

but they are much more fun to ride than their predecessors when you're flogging them. :bigthumb:

7. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Partly whoring through, partly just gloating...

Me on my 04 GSXR 600:

[​IMG]

Just for comparison I guess :big grin: I'm 6'2"

Ride safe folks,

-DJMunich :)

8. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

I love the position on my f4i. Not as aggressive as my buddy's r6 or rr. The positioning of my rc is actually worse than the rr/r6, but you get used to it. And since we're whoring pics, here's my rc.

[​IMG]

9. AMan

AMan ???????????

If the positioning of the 600rr is anything like the 1000rr, there really is no comparing between it and the yzf600r. Its almost like comparing opposite ends of a spectrum. When jumping off of a CBR RR to a YZF600r it feels like getting out of a porsche into a cadilac. The yamaha riding position is extremly upright.

10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I was worried about this as well.. I'm 6'1", 220 lbs.. Buying a bike in January, nervous about fitment. I got my hopes on a gixxer 600.. looks like I'll fit it just fine.

11. AMan

AMan ???????????

You'll be fine. 6' 220 lbs here and fit a gixer, no problem.

12. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Yep, I'm 6'2" 240 and... well, see the pic above :)

13. lsgwordl

lsgwordl Guest

what sort of bike should some one who is 5'5 and weighs 160 somthing lbs ride?

14. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

nobody should ever get a bike based on how big or small they are ... its a retarded idea what has somehow polluted to newbies in the sportbike world.

Buy whats you like, what feels comfortable and that you can enjoy.

Granted I wouldn't go out an buy and R1 if I was new, the 600s have alittle more room for error (depending on the situation)

15. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Go to a dealership and sit on them. That's what they're there for. Bullshit with the salespeople blah blah, etc. I'm lucky enough to live close to a couple of motorcycle "megamalls" that carry every brand of motorcycle under one room. One stop place to check out every model of bike.

16. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

i disagree...i rode my buddies ninja 500 for a long while...and it just wasnt cutting it...at 6'4 185 lbs, there was just no way i could consider that a bike to get any kind of fun on...now that i've been riding his r6, things are going much better...

when i get my own bike, there is no way i would buy anything less then a 600, now, before you jump my ass w/ an attempt at proving your leetness, lemme say this. Im not getting the bike just for the soul reason that its the size of me that matters... its also teh usability of power because of it, and the ability to escape danger if necesarry...

body size/weight/height isnt everything, but it is something to consider...

17. lsgwordl

lsgwordl Guest

I would like a fireblade but I am to short and to weak to ride it, IE I would kill myself, the baby blade looks nice though the CBR 400, but cant really get them in this country, any way thanks for the nice input on a bike I could ride without killing myself and beign able to pick bac up if it fell over :nono:

18. bmwmon

bmwmon New Member

go for and older f4i, VERY comfortable seating position, just get a new seat because it is a bit hard, older like 01-03, when they didnt have the banana seat.