CBR 1100 XX Super Blackbird

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by auto, Jul 4, 2007.

1. auto

auto New Member

Any Blackbird owners here? Considering purchasing one and I would like to hear some feedback. I have signed up over at the cbrxx forums but I would like an unbiased opinion of the bike. I am also looking at the ZX14 but for cost reasons the Blackbird makes more sense.

2. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

Do what you can to get the zx14, I know a few guys who have had the blackbird in the past and I haven't heard that many postive comment about the bike.

You'd get more performance out of any of the newer 1000cc bikes on the market.

3. auto

auto New Member

I am not concerned so much on the performance aspect I mean I'm sure the blackbird would be very quick. As far as the liter bikes go the riding position is a bit to sporty for me. I have some nasty back issues and the Sport Touring bikes appeal to me a lot more. The ZX14 is an extremley attractive alternative but it would take catching an epic deal to be able to afford it right now.

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

If you want a real sport tourer, I wouldn't recommend a blackbird and sure as hell wouldn't recommend a ZX14. They are both more sport.
    What is it exactly you want the bike for?

5. auto

auto New Member

It is going to be my daily driver, I am moving to Florida for business reasons soon and cant see owning a car. I am not looking for something like a BMW but not a full on sport bike either. The Blackbird and ZX14 seem to fit my needs, larger and more comfortable to ride without losing too much of the sport side.

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

it's all about personal preference I guess.
    For a sportier feeling bike that can handle longer touring though I would look at other designs. I have my eye on a V-strom1000 (and it's more sportier version the SV1000) as a true all around bike. Others in that area that I've been checking out have been the Bandit 1250S and the Yammy FZ-1.

7. auto

auto New Member

Yeah I'm always open to suggestions, thanks for your input.

8. Corky

Corky I lent Jesus $20

ding ding ding
    I've ridden an 1100xx for a short, and it's a good enough bike but it weighs about a hundred lbs too many.

also -
    Honda VFR Interceptor - mid 90's models are very dependable, comfortable bikes