Causes for g/f's urethra burning during sex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vanilla Tarantino, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Ok, hopefully I can explain this all clearly.

My g/f and I are attempting to have sex for the first time with each other - for her, it's her first time. She's on NuvaRing and is currently in her 4th month on the ring. We've now tried to have sex twice and both times haven't worked out, as a few things are working against us. First, she's a virgin. Enough said. Second, she's very tight. When she went to the gyno they had to locate the small tools for her.
    Still, we've tried to do what should be done. Get her relaxed, work her with fingers first to ger her ready, and use lots and lots of lube. This is where the problem may be though. We're using KY Natural Feeling Liquid. The two different times we've tried to have sex, though (two separate nights, btw), she's started getting a burning sensation in her urethra, with the second time being worse. The pain in her vagina apparently wasn't very bad, just some discomfort, but the burning urethra was unbearable - she said it felt similar to UTIs she used to get as a kid. The sensation went away in the shower rather quickly.

What we are thinking is that the KY could be getting into her urethra causing this burning. However, KY is EVERYWHERE before we try for sex and nothing - oral, fingering, etc. - causes this burning sensation, but the two different times we've tried for intercourse this burning has gotten to her. She thinks it may just be the positions allowing for it to get in. A side note, we are using latex condoms (Crown) but neither of us has a known latex allergy (we both work in research labs and have worn latex gloves for hours on end).

So, has anybody here ever experienced this? Are there other possibilities for the burning sensation besides the KY? Any other advice or recommendations are greatly welcomed.

2. WGD87

WGD87 New Member

I have had the same problem in the past. It was the KY for sure. I don't know what to say about an alternative. I stopped using it for a while because I kind of thought it was kind of like, when you get a paper cut and something gets in it to irritate it like lemon juice or something, maybe the lube was like, irritating a sensitive area. When I tried to use it a while later it still burned (not as bad tho) but it went away pretty fast if I just ignored it so maybe its just because she is so sensitive????
    I know the feeling though because I agree the first thing I thought based on the feeling was, "do I have a UTI or something because this doesn't feel all that good"...
    You could try a different kind of lube? I would try for the most basic kind possible. If you CAN go without, and not hurt her, thats probably your best bet... Sometimes with me even the lubrication on condoms can do that to a small extent. Maybe we are allergic to something in it??

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

DON'T use KY. I burn from KY and Astroglide, find better quality lubes like Eros or Wet and Work towards getting her more Naturally lubricated. Make sure she's well hydrated, highly aroused (lots and LOTs and LOTS of foreplay before you even touch her vagina), oral and more non-penetrative foreplay and see where it goes.

Also, I found out i'm allergic to latex as well, and I can wear latex gloves but the second latex hits my nether regions it turned into Dry burning central, followed by swelling and major irritation for the next day. try polyurethane or lambskin condoms and a different lube if you can.

4. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Overall, I don't think it's the latex since she didn't have any issues with her vagina - just felt like a UTI with no irritation to the vagina. If it continues, though, then we'll try some different condoms.

The goal, of course, is to not need any lube. However, especially with getting her used to it, it's probably best, especially with a thin condom. I've heard they're much more likely to stick and cause irritation if not properly lubed.

Phantom, thanks for the recommendations for lubes - and the hydration could be an issue. I'll bring that up with her as well. I'll probalby head to the shop tomorrow and look at their stock. A quick look shows some great reviews for Pjur Eros Bodyglide, so I'll probably try and pick that one up. It's pretty expensive, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

Thanks to the both of you!