A&P Catalogging/Tracking digital photos grouped into Stock numbers

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by UnNakedChef, Jul 7, 2009.

1. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

I am trying to figure out a number of ways, and most efficient to have a bunch of users (car salesman), be able to take pictures of a bunch of cars grouped by stock numbers. Obviously they could take all the pictures in order, and then go through and run each selection through a batch processing program that renames them, but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions that is escaping the grasp of my tiny brain nugget.

Does most P&S's have the ability to easily navigate a folder system on the memory card where they can dump 10 pictures, then move easily to the next folder?

Maybe something external similar to a GPS device than can plop info in the EXIF? I know the Ricoh 500SE has a barcode scanner attachment that would be perfect, but any other alternatives? Perhaps the ability to take a picture of a stock sheet, then photos of the car, then OCR to process it?

Halp me OT, you're my only hope!

2. dmora

dmora Guest

Maybe i'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're gonna need a laptop+cam+special application set up. :dunno:

Plus im 100% sure no sales monkey would ever be able to figure it out so you/they would have to have a "camera dude" doing it all in which case said person would have their own method of organization typically.

Does sound like a vertical market tho. :p

3. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

No laptop+cam+special app, and we are trying to SIMPLY the task of the sales monkey, not add another employee.

4. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

We tried setting this up for the dealership I used to work for. Good luck. 90% of our car salesmen were fucking retarded and unwilling to do anything unless commission is involved. Can't say I blame them, though.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

I'd try teaching them picasa. pretty simple overall, but they can break the pics into folders, and apply keywords/metadata quickly and easily, and email right from within. its as simplified approach as you can get