COMIC Catalog SW?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Williamea, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Williamea

Williamea Polk High #33

Anyone use/know of a decent cataloging program for comic books?

On another note I have not collected in years :o and feal like reading a good series. Any recommendations?

2. droopz

droopz New Member

I used to use an MS Access DB i made up. Basic but it worked.

The 2 series I recommend picking up now, mainly coz theres not too much catching up for you to do, are;

- Everything in the Ultimate Universe. Its basicly all awesome. And its wonderfully self contained.
    - The Walking Dead
    - Everything in Axio's Civil War folder. Very well writen and important arc for marvel.

And if you dont mind DLing a sh!tload, you might as well catch up on all the M-Day stuff that leads upto Civil War.

3. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Werd. You might want to consider using firefox and downloading the addon "DownThemAll." I think Axio has a thread with instructions on how to use it.

What genres do you prefer in general? What did you used to read? That could narrow down the field of what to pick up since a lot of titles are at good jumping on points right now.

4. Williamea

Williamea Polk High #33

Oh man...when I stopped I was reading alot of Darkhorse, Spiderman, Xmen, Batman, Lobo, Image had just started to get big.

Cival War sounds interesting. Whats the run down on it?

5. void

void oh yeah?

i wouldn't read the whole thing, the wiki article is filled with spoilers...you shouldn't have to get the gist of it. if you're a comic book fan and have liked marvel at some point of time in your life...you're going to love this crossover event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(comics)

and if you're still into indies, look in to the walking dead, invincible, noble causes, fear agent, battle pope, a new one called cross bronx.

6. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Civil War is the big crossover event for Marvel. The one they did last year was House of M, which you should also read. To understand what happens in a lot of the Marvel Universe so far, you may need to pick up Avengers Disassembled and read that, but basically, the spoilage of that plot is all you need to know to understand House of M and Civil War's backgrounds. If you want spoilers, just say what you want spoilers for, I'm up for it.

Civil War is basically a big crossover stemming from the Superhuman Registration Act being passed by congress which requires any super-powered human to register with the U.S. Government and provide their real identities and then work under S.H.I.E.L.D. Naturally, this does not go well, and we have our Civil War series.

Prior to this event is House of M which changes the status quo, which stems from events in Avengers Disassembled.

Avengers Disassembled takes a closer look into the Avengers and analyzes some shortcomings and such. A few deaths here and there. The reason this all happens is the crucial part of the story to understand everything else.