SRS Case of the ex

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by daddyphatsacs, Oct 15, 2006.

1. daddyphatsacs

daddyphatsacs Serving fiends since 84

I don't know what to do with the current relationship that I'm in. I'm very happy and I have no doubts about my feelings. I'm concerned about her. I'm in a relationship with a female that has two kids. The kids aren't the problem...it's one of their fathers. It seems as if she has a "soft spot" for him and he says things that effect her emotionally. Now, we're all human but if you don't care about someone then it shouldn't bother you right? Everyone has been done wrong and we learn and overcome it. We're supposed to get married in March but I just want to make sure that there's nothing left in the past from her.

2. JS1

JS1 sup

I don't see anything wrong with her having some kind of emotional attachment to her ex. It means she has a heart.

Look at it this way -- if you were dating my ex-wife, you wouldn't have to worry about her having a soft spot for me, because she hates me. But that means you risk being in the same predicament that I'm in, and you do not want that, believe me.

Do you get along with her children?

3. 7960

7960 New Member

It's unrealistic to expect her to "forget" him at all. They made a child together. He's going to be part of her life for, well, her whole life.

I can understand you being a little apprehensive about her ("one of the fathers"?????? :ugh: ) but ask her. If you're getting married then you have every right to straight-up ask her "do you still have feelings for him?" and discuss it. Let her know how you feel and how her "soft spot" makes you uncomfortable. She *should* figure out a way to address it.