TAT Cartlidge bleeding!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Splak, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Splak

Splak New Member

I had my cartlidge pierced(not with a gun) at a 16ga last month. I went to my piercer and asked if it was ok to change it to a clear plug since i can't have it in at work.. She said it was fine since I had gone 2 weeks and the swelling went down. Well I couldn't find a 16ga clear plug or retainer, so she sold me a 14ga labret retainer and said to go ahead and stretch it now if I was going to since it wasn't healed yet.. Went in fine, and I don't plan on going any bigger, btw..

Well fast forward to 2 days ago.. I decided to put in an old 14ga plug (just a metal bar) I used in my ears when they were smaller. Well I took the plug out to clean it and blood starts pouring out the back of my ear.. I mean pouring! It ran down my face and turns the sink red! Freaked me out. I ran water on it and it eventually stopped. Cleaned the ear and put the bar back in.. So my question is.. WTF just happened?! It didn't even bleed when it was pierced. What should I do?

Piercer isn't gonna be there until next week..

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

was the retainer plastic? if it was then its just your body reacting to it. plastic should never be put in a healing piercing.

3. inamorato

inamorato New Member

dont run water on something thats bleeding

4. Splak

Splak New Member

I have to put a plastic retainer in it for about 5 hours a day.. But this happened with a metal plug.

5. Splak

Splak New Member

Since when? How exacty are you supposed to clean the blood off your ear then?

6. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I think he was saying that your wearing of the plastic plug, even if only for 5 hours a day, could have been the source of the irritation and affecting your bodies ability to heal that piercing correctly.

7. Splak

Splak New Member

Guess I'll keep the metal plug in as long as I can.. I got away with keeping it in last night at work, no one saw it. Hope I can pull it off for awhile so it will heal.

8. Laurel

Laurel New Member

get a pyrex or bioplast plug?

9. xela

xela So say we all!

I just can't understand why you're not allowed to have a cartiledge piercing?? :confused: That's not an "extreme" or uncommon one at all.

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

some job places are still stuck in the 50's where piercings are taboo

11. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I work at a major auto parts chain store and they only allow 1 stud earring through each hole(no hoops). I asked the guy doing my training if plugs were okay, he didn't know what they were so said yes. :)

No cartilidge or facial piercings of any kind. My boss is making me replace the sparkly blue gem on my monroe with a black bead asap so it actually looks like a mole.

12. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Disney JUST recently allowed for men to have Mustaches..... yeah and no beards or Goatees.

No earings bigger than a dime, no hoops, no stretched ears and no more than one on each lobe ONLY for women.. no ear piercings on men.

13. xela

xela So say we all!

I guess I can understand that coming from a place like Disney, but not even beards or goatees are allowed? That's retarded. :rolleyes:

14. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

one of my coworkers got sent home because he had a 5-o-clock shadow.

15. xela

xela So say we all!

Wow. That's ridiculous.

16. Splak

Splak New Member

I'm management at UPS so no facial hair or piercings for men.. Women can't have any piercings other than earlobes. They said my sideburns were too long once and they didn't even come down below my ear.. They are anal!

17. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Sorry to get back onto the topic of bleeding cartilage, but your ear's probably just extremely irritated. Cartilage takes a while to hear, and taking the intial piercing out before 6-8 weeks isn't usually recommended. The fact that you've had to change it a couple times probably just left it pretty irritated, especially since it hasn't really had a chance to heal at all. And yeah, I do agree that most places are wayyyyy too anal about piercings.

18. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

if you're talking about shops being like that its because we're sick of seeing morons fuck their piercings up

19. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Sorry Almighty, not shops, general jobs. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of a boss telling me to go from 10 piercings to 2 or 4. I can understand shops needing to be pretty well regulated, a lot of people who get piercings really can't handle them. They don't seem to realize that maintaining them and getting them to heal takes some sort of concerted care and effort.