Carrying Weapons While On Bike??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by viceproductions, Oct 24, 2004.

1. After another close encounter tonight, I came to the conclusion that it might not be such a bad idea to carry some sort of protection with me besides just riding gear. There are some fucked up people out there!!

I was thinking about a retractble baton stick, the ones that cops carry with them. I might strap it to the side fairing or frame of my bike, and when the time comes, I can whip it out like that!:rl:

What do you guys think? Am I going the extreme? Anyone else carry "protection"
    with him while riding??

2. oakie

oakie my ninja.

if it's that bad, you should carry a weapon all the time, not just when you ride.

and if you choose to do that, mounting the weapon onto your bike wouldnt be the best option.

or you should be more specific, as it sounds more like you're ego tripping than anything. more clarity to your specific situation would be helpful.

3. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

Are you riding like an asshole? I find when you pass people after giving them good enough notice, they dont mind. If someone's tailgating me, I just turn around and stare at them and they usually back off.

4. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Well, not to surport criminality or some such, I find that my disc lock fits nicely in the palm of my hand-kinda like a pair of brass knuckles.

5. Infrastructure

Infrastructure New Member

I usually carry my XD40

6. Shock

Shock New Member

those batons are for law enforcement only in most states...expect to get charged for carrying it.

7. Xeryus

Xeryus New Member

:stupid: and if you actually end up using it on someone, you can very easily shatter bone. So, not only would you be busted for carrying a restricted weapon, you'd get in shit for aggravated assault.

I was gonna start carrying one of those, since ive been trained in Kali [Philipino stick fighting] (this is before i knew about them being illegal), but i was worried about completely fucking up, and possibly doing permanent damage, to my assailants. Since i dont wanna go to the slammer, i decided to leave the weaponry at home.

8. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

what was the close encounter?

9. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

If you're determined to carry one, I'd suggest strapping it to your calf in the provided holster that they are normally sold with. Use a velcro strap setup IMO.

10. Infrastructure

he posted this same shit at r6mn but wouldnt describe the encounter there either. more than likely he was being a dipshit squid

11. If i was a squid like u, I would have already gone out and strapped up. That's why I am here letting out my frustration and anger.

12. oakie

oakie my ninja.

you still havent posted any details for anyone to base a thoughtful opinion about.

and arguing and name calling over the internet in vain is pretty childish.

13. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Just say what happened! Damn. such a fucking waste of space. :squint:

14. snowking69

snowking69 Guest

15. snowking69

snowking69 Guest

id carry one i mean its not like ur going to use it every day so whats the chance of getting cought with it

16. Infrastructure

That is quite an assumption. In my experience I was taken down to the station and questioned and printed and released, didnt spend one second, minute, hour, or night locked up in a jail cell.

17. oakie

oakie my ninja.

it REALLY depends on the situation.

18. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

There will be MAYBE one instance in your lifetime while riding that you'll need a gun (unless you're the one instigating). Carrying it everyday is stupid.

19. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

You won't know when that one day is.

Then again I don't see a point in carrying any type of weapon anyways.

20. Infrastructure

well I sure hope you know exactly when that one day is that you will need your gun :ugh:

I usually dont carry mine unless I am going on a road trip or to a bad part of town. I dont know why but the day I needed it I had an uneasy feeling about something and decided to take my gun with me. It is a good thing I did because without it I probably wouldnt be alive right now.

21. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

22. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

I usually carry my Glock 36 in a shoulder rig under my riding jacket, but you better practice drawing it, as it usually takes a precious few seconds lonnger with my riding gloves on.

That said, the best course of action in an emergency if you're on a bike is to just haul ass. Almost any bike can outrun almost any car, and wouldn't you rather just be gone than have to deal with the drama and scrutiny of drawing down or shooting somebody?

Sometimes confrontations are unavoidable, however, and the barrel of a .45 does have a unique way of convincing people to leave you the fuck alone.

23. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

I agree. The only way to guarantee that you'll have a weapon when you need it is to carry it all the time. Every single day, unless you absolutely can't for whatever reason.

Only carrying it when you go to bad parts of town, on long rides, etc, is just begging for Murphy's Law to find you unprepared and unarmed when you least expect it.

24. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Just a heads up for CA people, it's a felony to OWN a collapsible baton.

I know, I almost got charged with one. Instead of goin' 2 jail I got to pay a fine... be careful with those beat-sticks... cops DO NOT like 'em.

25. dublife

dublife Guest

carry a glock in a shoulder holster