GUN Carry Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Toke513, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Toke513

Toke513 New Member

I had a question about off limit places. I know that all federal government buildings are off limits. What about local government buildings? The reason I am asking is that my town hall has a small movie theater in it. I haven't been carrying because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. Anyone have some insight on this? I live in CT btw

2. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

3. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Ah, I'd read up on the locals laws.... packing.org looks like its down.

For here, no carry in fed buildings, restaurants with alcohol, or anywhere with a sign prehibiting such.

4. Toke513

Toke513 New Member

Sec. 53a*217b Possession of a weapon on school grounds: Class D felon y.
    (a) A person is guilty of possession of a weapon on school grounds when, knowing that he is not licensed or
    privileged to do so, he possesses a firearm or deadly weapon, as defined in section 53a*3, (1) in or on the
    real property comprising a public or private elementary or secondary school or (2) at a school*sponsored
    activity as defined in subsection (h) of section 10*233a.

Sec. 2*1e (c) Interference with the legislative process; firearms; dangerous or deadly weapons; explosives; felon y
    any building in which the chamber of either house of the General Assembly is located or in which the official office of any
    member, officer or employee of the General Assembly or the office of any committee of the General Assembly or either
    house thereof is located or any building in which a committee of the General Assembly is holding a public hearing.

I have been looking for a few days and these were the only two things that I have found. I wasnt 100% sure of what the second part of this includes. I think that it means that the state congress building is off limits and thats it.

5. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

If you truly are concealing no one will ever know.

6. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

if everyone's dead then who cares

7. MTech

MTech New Member

You can carry in schools ect. if you have the permit and reason to. reason being self defense...

8. Dr. Fuckface

Dr. Fuckface Wheelguns: when it absolutely, positively has to g

9. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

You'd have to look up your state/local laws. I know here in Florida they have a list of places you can't carry (aside from the obvious schools and courthouses) like bars and sporting events.