A&P Carriage Hill Farm *56k beware*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by IntheWorks, Feb 3, 2006.

1. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

Part of my set of shots I recently took at Carriage Hill Farms.

Carraige Hill Farms is part of the 5 River Metro Parks in Dayton, OH. It's a working historical farm that was built in the 1800's. All the work is done on the farm how it would have been done in the 1800's, and they actually have people dressed up inside the buildings in 19th century clothing. I have more shots of this wonderful farm, but, my 120 film hasn't come back from the lab.

All shots were done on velvia 100 ISO film and shot with my 50 f/1.8 with various settings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all had a very slight curves adjustment, and bump in contrast and saturation (standard processing for scanned slides)

C+C please.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  2. kendan

kendan New Member

blacksmith's shop is my favorite.

3. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

The Lathe is my favorite... looks good!

4. IntheWorks

thanks... I'm torn between the gears, and the lathe myself. And really looking forward to getting my MF stuff back... In my mind they're going to turn out better than these.

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I would have liked the gears one more if it had more DOF. I love the use of natural light though.

6. El Chupacabras

El Chupacabras Blue and Gold Member

They're great pictures, but I would like to have seen more dof on the lathe picture, so that you could see the wood in focus because without wood the lathe is pointless :p

7. Killer borders, I think they could even make Tomash's work pleasurable to look at :mamoru:

I would have to say that the gears is my favorite. but it looks either out of focus or blurry (like you shoudl have used a tripod). Was this picture scanned? because it looks kinda grainy also.. maybe check your ISO next time. :dunno: I know that's not digital soft focus because of the grain.

The lathe..... good use of natural light but the shadows are hiding too much detail. And I don't know how much more you could lighten up the pic without making the light reflections becoming blown out.

don't really care for the other 3 :hs:

8. IntheWorks

these were shot with velvia 50ISO. so any grain is probably from the scan. and unfortunately the gears and the lathe shot couldn't be done with a tripod while I was there... to many people, but I do plan on going back some other time... I took some shots that didn't turn out like I had hoped, so I want to re-shoot them.