Carmakers switching to electric motors.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by deusexaethera, Sep 6, 2007.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I read an AP article last night (and I can't find the goddamned link now) about how carmakers are getting set to replace all of the belt-driven accessories in their cars and trucks with electric-motor-driven accessories instead -- power steering, A/C...whatever the hell else there is...:hs:.... Anyway, GM has reported up to 8% increase in fuel efficiency as a result of removing the parasitic drag of drive belts, tensioners, and accessories that are always sapping power even when they don't need it. Other manufacturers are reporting similar results, saying it's the best bang/buck fuel efficiency improvement around right now.

I remember when the Mazda RX-8 came out, it had electric power steering (since the Renesis engine doesn't exactly have gobs of torque to spare at idle), and I remember thinking, that's a really damn good idea; why doesn't everyone do that? Well...now they are. Good for them.

Maybe CAFE 35 won't be the end of fun cars after all, bitches. :fawk:

2. Chris09

Chris09 New Member

3. Chris09

Chris09 New Member

Volkswagen is the pinnacle of excellence few automakers can match or even comprehend for that matter. Domestics have shoddy engineering with unacceptable levels of extra millimeters between interior panels. My Passat does every thing and it does it stylishly. When people ask me what the culmination of intensive research and design is only one word comes to mind: Passat.

When people ask me what the answer is to the fuel mileage problem the answer is clearly Diesel. And of course it is Volkswagen there at the ready delivering diesel technology.

Who may you ask dominates Le Mans with Diesel? That's right bitch, Audi. And in case you didn't know, Volkswagen and Audi are the same thing, the same great excellence freight train.

I am constantly bombarded by you fools who have no understanding of global economics and the automotive industry. I deusexaethera am a lone wolf and perhaps the only person on these boards that can completely understand what a car is and does. None of you know what you are talking about primarily because you don't have enough logic to do the right thing and get a Passat.

But that is perfectly fine I like being the only Passat on that road at night, coasting (most comfortably mind you) at a cool 90+mph with excellent stability.

I am basically a master mind of all things car related and none come even close to bringing to the table the same knowledge that I do each and every day in OT Driven.

4. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers OT Supporter

:bowdown:Chris09 :bowdown:

Flawless :rofl:

5. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

oh look another fucking deusexaethera thread

6. deusexaethera

What the fuck are you people talking about?? This was completely legitimate. In five years all the cars you'll be able to buy will have electric powered accessories, and your gas mileage AND acceleration AND reliability will be better for it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot I have to jack off to pictures of Holley carburetors before anything I say is worth reading.

7. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

alot of cars have had electric power steering for a few years now. its just finally starting to feel close enough to regular power steering that people will consider it.

8. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

This is what happens when you post pointless shit in random threads.

You've made it clear you have no interest in meeting our desires or conforming to board standards, so now we're making it clear we don't want to hear from you.

You had a chance to participate productively, and you blew it off in favor of "being right".

These are the consequences, now live with them.

9. IslanderOffRoad

this is perhaps the best post i've ever seen from an 07

10. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Someone edit this mans reg date.

11. deusexaethera

You do realize how stupid this sounds, yeah?

If I post something worthwhile, then you should acknowledge it. If I post something stupid and asinine, then you should ignore it. It's not complicated; you're making it complicated.

12. deusexaethera

Thanks for trying.

13. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

Here's the point- you have multiple people in multiple threads telling you the shit you post isn't worthwhile.

You show up, particularly in american muscle threads, and say retarded shit that is neither germane nor useful.

Your inability to understand this, or to understand what's going on in this thread, speak volumes about your interpersonal skills.
    You have to love the irony inherent in your opening blast.

14. you know me

:gtfo:

here is what I acknowledge, you're a toolbag

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  15. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

That's not true.

I don't hate him, I just wish he'd realize that
    A) He's not always correct.
    B) Sometimes he's technically correct but should shut up anyway.
    C) When participating in a shared communication space the opinions of other members carry as much weight as your personal beliefs.

16. deusexaethera

A) When I'm incorrect on a technical point, and I can't hold up my end of the argument, I do concede. But I don't concede until it's obvious that the other person knows more than I do. Hence the argument.

C) Yes, which is to say, none at all.

B) This could be a sticking point. Why should I shut up if I'm technically correct? Because someone else doesn't feel like hearing that they're wrong? Well fuck them.

-or-

If there's a different reason, do tell what it is.

17. you know me

technically you're a moron.

I've never seen him say anything in this forum other than flame bait

18. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

Here's the problem- you're regularly wrong, and refuse to admit it.

Couple that with your demonstrated inability to realize when your opinion is neither desired nor useful and you're an irritating moron.

Every single one of us chooses the wrong hill to die on occasionally.

You do it regularly.
    If our opinion doesn't matter why did you get defensive in the thread with your name on it and in this thread?

I'll answer for you- because despite your snotty attitude it bothers you when multiple people in an online forum line up to mock you.

Amusingly enough, you seem unable to link our disdain/mockery/commentary and your behavior.
    I'll give you two instances where you should shut up when you are "technically" correct:

1) When you have multiple other knowlegeable forum members telling you you're wrong. Despite your amusing conceit otherwise, you are not correct as often as you think you are.

2) When your "technically" correct opinion is in opposition to the intended purpose of the thread. Using one of our early conversations as an example, when someone says "I like 69 Nova's and want to buy this one, should I?" your "technically" correct opinion that fuel injected newer foreign cars are superior to carbureted old american cars should never be brought up.

Those two instances are when you should shut up- because no one wants to hear your 16-year-old bullshit.

If you truly believe "fuck them", don't be surprised when we take the opportunity to fuck with you.

19. IslanderOffRoad

clarify yourself.

20. High Voltage

High Voltage Guest

i have mixed feelings about this

21. Fareo

Fareo New Member

honestly here is where you messed up. (i will use the alph system since its so popular in this thread)

A) "you are not trisheild" while it may not sound like a big deal you honestly dont have the credibily to post topics about news. sure, other memebrs then trishield can post news articals in this forum but its kinda tri's job and we try not to step on his nuts EXPECIALLY if we say that muscle cars should be 4 doors and that volkwagon is the pinical of automotive engineering.

B) you posted a artical about electric cars in a muscle car forum, now it may be becasue you've never had one but nobody wants a hybrid or electric muscle car, that totally defeats the purpose of a muscle car. you drive a car like that to piss off the hippies and suck down 4mpg while shaking the windows of every house you drive by... its part of the experiance of driving a car like that.

C) you honestly just dont belong here, you share nothing in common with us and from what you have posted you honestly have no interesed in muscle cars at all. while i do find it entertaining to read some of your retarded statments i honestly think you should move on becasue youve pretty much ruined your name here.

D) we dont jack off to holley carbs before we post, and its posts like that, that prove you dont understand us at all.

:o

22. deusexaethera

Bullshit. The news is the news. I don't need to have credibility to quote a credible source. And it's not Trishield's job, it's his hobby. Or is he getting paid now?

You didn't even read the fucking post, did you? They're not electric cars, they're cars with electric accessories; and I didn't post a hippie-car thread in a muscle-car forum, I posted "look what GM did" in an American car forum. It's 100% relevant.

However, if you want to talk about electric cars, maybe we can head on over to the Chevy Volt thread that's pages and pages long -- in the very same forum. Hmm, maybe it's not a taboo after all.

That's what I get for trying to find out what I was missing, I guess.

23. deusexaethera

You actually posted something other than bullshit. Thanks for trying.

24. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

You haven't tried to find anything out.

You've posted random bullshit and gotten defensive when people tell you you're wrong.

Nobody gives a fuck about your electric motor thread, and it's not about the subject, it's about you.

I've told you before, and I'm going to tell you again: how you think this place works, and how it actually works, are two different things.

YOU think you can post shit and just be taken seriously.

WE think you need to quit acting like an idiot teenager and participate according to forum standards before we give you any credibility and stop haranguing you.

Unless your attitude of "fuck those haters" is new, I honestly don't know how you made it two years here.

25. IslanderOffRoad

Yeah, I'm way ahead of you now.