SRS career stress ftl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Aug 17, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Been doing security for a month and the way this company runs things sucks. You have to work 12 hour shifts and its not a set schedule so you bassically dont know what your work weeks gonna look like till the week before. On top of that 12 hour shifts plus working nights is killing my social life and when they do give me a day off its some crap like on thursday and tuesday fuck that.

on top of that i got my application in for a police department and im freaking dieing with the aticipation I know its gonna take a long time to get through but man I dont think I can do this security crap for too long unless shit changes but I cant quit because I need the money to pay off my bills. GRRRR

I dont know just seems like with me having a degree all of this crap should be beneath me but it isnt. I think im gonna do some research on becoming a paralegal and do that till i become a cop

2. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

i hear ya bro. i'm young, i've been at the same job for 3 1/2 yrs now and it's absolutely ruined my social life. I made it to general manager, but the pay is horrible, i work a 7 hr day, (2) 12 1/2 hr days, and a 14 1/2 hr day. not to mention the sometimes someone doesn't show i have to go in day. luckily for you, you are trying to become a cop, i have no idea what i want to do.

3. Hops

Hops OT Supporter

I'm in the "don't have a clue" crew. Took me until I was 25 to finally find what I wanted to do, got into a helicopter flight school, went to my flight physical and got nailed as a diabetic...now i'm 26 and don't fucking know what to do, going back to school for welding and hope to hell that goes somewhere.

Just be glad you have a goal to follow, and good luck.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Sounds like you just need to find another job. Why are you clinging to this fucked up security guard position anyways?? Fuck it....leave and find something else to do while you apply for different Police Departments. Life is too short man.

Good luck and God Bless!

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

need the money to pay the bills. I need to pay off my cc and some student loans or else I would have quit awhile ago. They didnt give me the times I wanted so Im just going to go to the main office and ask if they can put me at a different location where I can get a schedule I want if they say they dont have anything for me then Im just going to have to seek employment else where.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

joey?

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im also tending to say FUCK YOU against this job ,12 hours in a row for a security job WTF!? ,tell those assholes that even in the middle ages they had better working time shifts when you had guard the castle walls. 24/8 = 3 shifts of 8 hours to complete one day. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't make it 3 shifts for 24 hour on gaurd or 2 shifts for 16 hour on guard, there's even more flexibility in that. Anyway i'll give you a millionaire's life lesson. The choices you make in life is like taking bus rides, if a bus doesn't go where you want to go, you jump off, and take a bus that does take you where you want to go, do that until you've reached the desired destination in life.

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I know what I want to do what sucks is the application process takes so freaking long. Its going to be 6 months before I can get into an accademy and I need to have a pay check but w.e. I have a game plan to get out of this security crap already.

1. right now i have temporary licences. When my regular licences come in Im just going to go work for another company that gives me the shifts i need off

2. I can just find out whats up with paralegal. I know the works ruff but the schedule and compensation makes it well worth it. I gotta find out what i need to do to become one.

9. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

lmao whos this

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

ricky, its a small world when you meet up with people you already know in off topic