Cardio.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Kcomps, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

Got this Infro about cardio from bodybuilding.com. The article is about "Cardio for Bodybuilders". Let me know what you think.

1. Timing - It is most effective to perform your cardio session when you first wake up in the morning, on an empty stomach. It is best to perform cardio on an empty stomach because your body will tap into its fat stores for energy, instead of having to burn carbs and then start burning fat. Although this is the ideal timing for cardio, it may be just as effective late in the afternoon if a proper diet is followed.

3. Duration - If you're a bodybuilder, chances are you aren't doing cardio to become a marathon competitor. Cardio is used by bodybuilders to help increase oxygen flow to muscles and burn excess bodyfat. For best results, cardio should only be performed three to four times a week, on non-resistance training days. You should increase the length of your cardio session by 5 minutes each week until you reach a total of 30-35 minutes

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

5 mins increase a week sounds like it could lead to injury if you're just starting. Then again, it depends on what type of cardio you're doing.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

i think you should disregard the article

4. crown royal

crown royal Active Member

That's the first time I've read that anyone should do any sort of workout on an empty stomach in a loooooooooooong time.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I always try to wait an hour after eating before I do any cardio... if there's fresh food in there it will give me cramps and cut my work out into a tenth of what it could have been. Any article writers out there gonna tell me it's worse for me to work out on an empty stomach?

6. mask of obsidian

mask of obsidian OT Supporter

7. Ceaze

that's not an empty stomach

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I figured it wasn't, which is why I semi-covered my ass by saying "fresh food in my stomach" :o as opposed to old food that's been there a while, of course

9. Ceaze

nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.