Cardio rowing machine?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I read recently that the cardio row machine (found in many commercial gyms such as mine) burns more calories than a bike and jogging. I figured I would give this a try since not only will it give me some cardio for my cut which I just started, but it will give my back and shoulders some extra attentino at the same time.

Does anyone else use this or have anything to say about it from a pro/con perspective?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I use the rowing machine from time to time. It's a nice change from the usual and does get your biceps and forearms pumped a bit. It does seem to burn a bit more calories then the stationary bike.

3. Frazz

Frazz New Member

i like to do it, but id like to see you do it at high a burning rate a jogging for as long... it took me a while... i like it for interval type training, when i need to up stamina i rotate that, jope rope, sprints followed by a nice slow long jog

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Maybe i'll just work it in then.

15min jogging
    20min rowing
    and then sprints to finish off.

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I usually do something like that. Rowing gets a bit boring it seems and it takes more concentration to do then other cardio cause you have to coordinate the leg and arm motions.

6. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

Jogging burns more calories

7. Layman

Layman New Member

I bought a rowing machine thinking it would be a great way to get in some cardio and help build my upper back.

It sucks to use for more than 10 minutes. I sold it and now have a treadmill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.