Cardio question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sloi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

After jogging for 5-10 minutes, how long should it take for your heartrate to return to resting state ? (ie. if you're at 65 resting)

It's been about 10 minutes now and I'm still close to 120. Am I just in poor shape?

2. Moolex

Moolex New Member

Generally, the fitter your aerobic system is, the faster you will recover from stress, I think that might be how aerobic fitness is measured, that or V02 max, or lactic acid threshold, the latter two are harder to determine, so the recovery is a good benchmark

3. Sloi

I see.

It's been something like 2 hours and I'm back to resting heartrate. Still, I'm guessing my VO2 max must be low for it to require so much even after the exercise is over. If this shitty weather would stop, I'd be playing basket-ball every day! :(

4. broccoli

broccoli New Member

If it took 10 min. for my heart rate to drop down to 120BPM, I'd be on the phone to a doctor.

:srsly:

5. Sloi

It doesn't take 10 minutes to drop down to 120, I'm saying that when I stop jogging/running, it drops down from 150 or so to 120 and remains at this level for approximately 10-20 minutes, then progressively lowering until it reaches my normal resting heartrate, which is 65 or so.

Thing is, I can run/jog and keep my heartrate between 150-170 just fine. Why would a slower recuperation period be a problem ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.