Cardio and your skin: is it good or bad for mild acne? Some say both: links

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by badkarma, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badkarma

badkarma New Member

http://www.zerozits.com/q_and_a/exercise.htm

They say it's bad

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/105/1...0000_8001_ep_02

They say it's good

I really need to know because most people say it's a good thing to do, I'm quite confused!

Does the sweat itself clear out pores, or does it block it? What part of exercise is good for acne, is it the fact that it reduces stress? Does it reduce the amount of oil your body produces?

Can someone get in depth about this, it would be interesting to know, since I exercise frequently and try to keep my acne from getting worse.

Thanks

2. Martyr

Martyr New Member

My acne sucks, but there's no way in hell I'd give up lifting because of it. Would you? And I'd go with WebMD's word over some site I've never heard of anyday.

Acne deals with the sebaceous glands, not sweat glands. Keep exercising.

3. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

so let me get htis straight, the first site that says it is bad is trying to sell you a product and the second one says its good is a well known medical website that isn't selling you a product.....:ugh:

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

Fair enough, the web md is more than likely correct. Now that we've established that, what about the in depth response on how it works

"Does the sweat itself clear out pores, or does it block it? What part of exercise is good for acne, is it the fact that it reduces stress? Does it reduce the amount of oil your body produces?"

I've found, in the article... that it helps reduce the production of testosterone, increases the flow of blood which means increases nutrients to the body and takes away the harmful radicals... and reduces stress.

But can it reduce the amoint of oil your body produces? And I know that sebacious glands produce the oil, but the sweat produce can also aggravate the situation... so would it be best to get as most exercise as possible without sweating as much (in cooler temp rooms) or try to sweat it out, to help clear the pores... or will that make it worse?

5. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

:rofl: perfect responce.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  6. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

Sweating doesn't affect your acne problem. It's what you do afterwards that does. Sweating opens your pores. If you have a dirt over your pores and don't clean your face before it closes, it's going to retain and thus the zits.

7. OLBERTMAN

OLBERTMAN OT Supporter

I used to get mild acne on my shoulders when I started an intense running schedule.

Kind of went away with time for me.

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Just clean up as fast as you can after cardio, use a salicylic acid body wash to clean out pores.

I usually break out a little bit more when I'm adjusting to summer heat, but cardio is the least of the problems my skin has.

9. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i use to have bad acne back in high school. i didn't work out in high school and was overweight.

i'm 23 right now and i have basically no acne and i work out all the time. related? i dunno, maybe it's all just age.

10. Piracy

Piracy New Member

i do a lot of cardio and have noticed no change in my complexion since starting last year. i also happen to bathe regularly and eat a pretty clean diet...could have something to do with it.

11. xela

xela So say we all!

I've never noticed a difference with it affecting my skin.

12. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

Never made I difference for me. I get a little bacne breakout from time to time, that's about it.
    I would think as long as you shower postworkout it wouldn't make a negative difference, and it may stand a chance of helping. That sounds logical.

13. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

besides even if it does inshape/strong with acne > flabby and clear skin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.