Carburator Overflow?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, May 26, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a Honda 300EX and like all four-wheelers it has an overflow for the carburator. However, I climb hills quite often, and ride wheelies etc. This overflow results in leaking quite a lot of gas very fast. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop this. I have asked around and most people just say plug the overflow hose or crimp it off. I don't know about this because it is there for a reason, and I do not want to mess anything up. Just looking for some suggestions to save gas.

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

shut the gas off when you park it other than that not much you can do i woulnt plug it. itcan casue even more problems liek flooding out hydrolocking ect

3. car54

car54 Guest

hey flynfrog, your a damn idiot. do you even know what hes talkin about?

Just plug it. buy a cheap vacuum line plug or somthing non permanent. this will solve your problem but is non destructive.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought plugging it would cause the gas to run into the cylinder and eventually would bend a rod.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

yeah your right i am an idiot and i knwo nothing about quads

your not loseing that much gas you wont bend a rod but you might fill your bore up with fuel if you let it sit so jsut shut off the gas when you park it it should be fine
    the only way you would bend a rod is if you filled up the bore tehn tried to push start it or somthing where your trying to compress fuel

it might be time for a carb kit too dependiong on how much is leaking