Car wash question

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ballast, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm moving to a high-rise condo and can't wash my car in the parking garage (supposedly). Which leads to my story / question....

When I use QEW, I don't like just drying it. So I go to a coin wash, and go over the entire car, then put my money in and use the rinse only and dry the car there. Could I use this same method with regular car wash (like mother's california gold, or meguiar's nxt)?

Reason I ask, is that I can get the NXT car wash super cheap. QEW is also hard to get in my area. I have to get it from an RV shop that is like 2 hours away.
    So I was thinking about this. I know I can do it if I rinse the car, then soap it with the NXT, then put more money in and rinse it. But I don't know the chemistry difference between NXT and QEW for the washing without pre-rinsing part.
  2. Slimmy

Slimmy Get Richt or Die Trying

Mar 14, 2000
    I just used NXT for the first time today. I like it, it's a very light wash, not as thick as others I've used, it's almost filmy. Very good suds though. Not sure if you could use it without pre-rinsing though. :dunno: