SRS car situation help please.. :)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x deaD piXeL, May 20, 2009.

1. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

Hi guys looking for some advice here. A little over 3 months ago I bought an 06 350z. I could easily make the payments, and I still can. I got a really good deal on it (39k, 8/10 condition, 14k). But recently I started having severe anxiety and depression and I need money to allocate to medical expenses, forcing me to have to sell it for my health (I make way too much for state assistance..) I owe 13k on it still, but it's worth about 16k (Would be a little more, but my AC recently went out and no warranty left). The temp tags just expired, and I've had a whole bunch of wrong things happen at the same time, at the wrong time, and don't have the funds to pay registration. What is my best option here?

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Sell the car and with the A/C being broken it is probably only worth $14k. If you fix the A/C, then you should be able to get up to 16k.

Overall, sell the car on the street.

3. 2500

2500 Guest

If you treat anxiety correctly, it shouldn't cost any more than a few hundred bucks. Keep the Z. If you like the car and sell it, it's just another thing to get depressed about.

4. CaminoReal

CaminoReal Custom User Title

If you can fix anything on the car easily, and without dropping a lot of cash, do it. If not, sell it as is and use the money to get better. Your health should be your number one priority.

5. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

What about sending the medical bills to collections, getting the car fixed and sold, and then start paying the medical?

6. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

Pretty much. Most depression can be treated with exercise and changing your diet.

Last edited: May 24, 2009