Car Shopping - Need Ideas

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ronin, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Well I have been in the market for a car but I am not entirely sure what I should get, I am not looking for a new car, but used.

I was considering a 68-72 nova but I am having availability problems for getting one of those.

Another idea would be a 67-69 mustang. (I know very little about mustangs so is there any other good years I should definately consider?)

I am mostly looking for a project car. I am pretty poor :wtc:. Either I am looking to spend around 3-4 on a project car, or about 7500-8000 tops on something I wouldnt feel the need to do a bunch of work 2.

(I have been researching for months about everything from models to how much it would cost to build assorted engines.)

Car doesn't need to be some performance monster, just something to make "quick" and decent to look at.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. Serialpimp

Serialpimp New Member

You could buy a nice clean modded 5.0 Mustang for 6-7
    Or a nice clean, very fast 2nd Camaro for 5-6
    or a 3rd gen Camaro or TA that is clean and modded for 7-9

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Hmm I do like camaros, the second Gens are ok to me, I cant stand the looks on the 3rd gens though.

OMG, you wouldnt believe it the other day I was looking through ads and I found a 69 Camaro in near perfect condition going for 5 G's, but it sold in like 6 hours or something. :(

What is a good year for a 5.0, is the 1990 decent?

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

I read some pretty bad reviews about the 5.0, but i also read some good ones, so i am kind of left in a state of confusion.

some reviews seemed accurate, some reviews didnt (ie "had to replace the gas tank 3 times in one year" wtf)

The main thing I like about the 5.0 is the fact they are so damn cheap. Another concern of mine is the fact that their resell value seems to drop considerably.

5. Bernout

Bernout OT Supporter

You could probably get a decent '95 Z28 6-speed for that money.

6. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Agreed. You can find a good 4th gen F-body for 5 to 6 grand, easily. If you want, you could spend the extra 2-3 grand on a motor teardown and throw a nice beefy cam and some heads on there. You'd be in the mid to low 12's, no problem at that point. :)

7. dednyori's

dednyori's Brunettes FTMFW!

$7500 and it's yours:

[​IMG]

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

info and location :cool:

9. dednyori's

dednyori's Brunettes FTMFW!

sent you a pm :bigthumb: