Car Problems

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ry1400, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

I drive a 2000 ford focus, and today i went and got my oil changed and inspection done. I drive out of the place make a circle hitting oreilly and auto zone(not even a mile) and stop at a redlight. When i go to turn its like my car is bogging down and is jumpy. I make it home, exhaust smells funky and it is still shaking badly the exhaust is puttering too. We drive back up there. they run the car for the check engine light reading, and it says "cylinder 2 misfire" the plug cable was basically rotted so to speak. So i go and replace them. Still doing the shakes, but not as bad. Check engine light is still on. it blinks about 40 someodd times, and goes solid, blinks again 40 times, then solid. when its idleing is when its the roughest. and the exhaust is rattling pretty badly at that time too. What does the problem sound like? do i need to get new spark plugs? or what?

Cliffs: Car was fine, oil change and inspection, car bad. really shaky and puttering, whats wrong?

-Ryan

2. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

changed the spark plugs, and its a lot better. still not completely back to the normal situation.

I have come to the conclusion that the exhaust needs to be replaced. So ill get a new intake and exhaust. yay.

3. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

my friends dad said something about checking all the vacuum hoses. i have no clue where those are though. time to GOOGLE it