Car interior smell

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by moomoo3210, Aug 29, 2005.

1. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

hey not too sure if this belongs here but i need some help

i just drive a normal toyota car and i've tried putting in car freshners to get a nice smell into the car but it just doesnt seem to be working.. does anyone know what to do to get a nice car interior smell into the car?

2. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

febreeze?

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

The reason way it stinks is because your carpet needs to be cleaned is more likely the cause. Carpet extractor works the best if not an extractor get a wet vac and don’t use a heck of a lot of water, use little soap.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Clean the hell out of your interior and then have a detail shop deodorize it with an ozone generator. At that point, it will have a real clean smell and any air freshners you use should work better.

5. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

I tried one of those vapourizers vaccums (those pour hot vapour inside the carpet and then you vaccum the vapour and the dirt) on my friend's 90s Sentra, we removed the seats and cleaned the hell out of his car, we also did this to the seats and other fabrics inside, we didn't use any soap as it would get sticky and too moist. It helps if you pour baking soda in the carpets the night before (don't drive like this unless you want cops thinking you have coke all over your car)...after that you should let the car sit under the sun, with the windows open for at least 2 hours....

While this happens you can clean your dashboard and other plastics with a good plastic cleaner, to remove old grease and dirt that is caked there but you got used to see it....it is amazing how much dirt car interiors get. After this he let a bag of laundry soap sit under his seat for a few days.

This procedure softened the dirt on the fabrics, cleaned them, dried them up (the hot weather helps) and the soap gave it a clean smell. The clean plastics also improved the visual cleaniness and made the car look decent again. 5-6 hours but it was worth it....

(This car smelled like used socks, it was disgusting)

6. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

good shit. i'm gonna clean the shit out of my car tomorrow after getting the engine tuned :cool:

7. shanker

shanker unemployed

Ive gone as far as removing the carpet and pressure washing it...worked for me.

GOtta let it sit out in the sun for an afternoon to fully dry though

8. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

thanks for the help guys, ill give it a go as soon as i have some time on my hands