Car Deck Install Help Bmw

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NevaTrustWhitey, Apr 1, 2004.

1. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

I have a '90 bmw 325i and i was able to get a good deal on a deck from an employee sale at a local retailer. However since it was an employee sale they would not install it. (that and they said they did not have my harness)
    I purchased a harness for my vehicle at a Car Toys here in town. I matched up the wires from the harness that came with my new deck and connected them to the wires on the harness i bought from Car Toys (metra turbowire 70-8590)

At this point im clueless as of what to do, I removed my factory radio expecting to find a black connector to plug my aftermarket harness into, and I do not see one. The wires that went to my factory radio seem to be comming from each direction, maybe I just can not see the plugin, but is this what I am supposed to be looking for? If not, wouldn't it make the aftermarket harness pointless?

I can take pictures later tonite to give a better example of what I have done and what I see.

Thanks in advance.

2. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

NVM, it appears that the Turbowire is NOT for a '90 325i despite what it says on the package, I need to solder all of the wires instead :/