Car covers?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dguy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Hey folks, I'll be parking my car for a bit on and off and would like to invest in a car cover so I figured I'd ask everybody's opinion on brands et cetera.

I'm definitely looking for something that will last though I don't know the first thing about them. Oh, almost forgot to mention the car is a '93 RX7. Thanks much.

2. dguy

Beuller?

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No one here really uses car covers that I know of. I'd stay away from them since there is a scratch risk using one. Only time I'd recommend one is if you have no choice but to park under trees.

4. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I used to use one on my Supra that sat for a year. Got it from Cal Car Cover with a soft non-scratching inner liner and I think it was around $250. They're made specifically to fit each car, ie with or without spoiler and other options.

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

This was prior to my membership of the clear coat connoisseur club, so while there weren't any significant scratches caused by the cover- I can't confirm or deny there wasn't any marring. But living in the NE, I'd trade any minor swirls for fossilized artillery spores, tree sap etching, and acorn attacks.

6. dguy

Thanks for the info. I understand that car covers tend to leave minor scratches but its a better alternative to leaving it in the driveway uncovered while I am away.