Car audio setup help/problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scuba, May 14, 2007.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

I have an 04 mazda 3 and I recently hooked a 750.1 kicker amp to a kicker 8"L7 in a kicker box. dont worry the amp is turned down not even half way. im happy with the bass and all, but now i need more treble. i was wanting suggestions on what i should do. i would like to hear the guitar and everything better in songs and i dont know if i should start by upgrading just the door panel speakers using the factory headunit or amp the stock door panel speakers. which would i get better results from? also there is a slight problem since the system was installed. randomly while im driving or sometimes when i startup my car there is no bass coming from the sub. ive tried hooking a different sub up to the amp, so it's not the sub. the amp power light is on when there is no bass coming out and its definately not overheating b/c like i said sometimes there is no bass when istart my car up, but then ill be driving and it will just come on. what could be the problem? the wires are all fine and nothing is pinched bc i checked that too. help would be very appreciated. thanks

2. keleko

keleko yes, he is

find where it's grounding out or shorting

find all your grounds and get a wire brush and get rid of the paint under them

get a set of custom kick panels for 5 1/4" speakers, and then buy these

3. Scuba

Scuba New Member

i dont really think its the grounds tho. they seem fine. i was thinkign that maybe it would be the LOC...

4. Create

Create :free at last:

That amp can still be a decent draw on your batt/alt. Are you sure the power light goes off at underpower, rather than at zero power?

5. Scuba

Scuba New Member

the power light doesnt go off unless i turn the car off. it stays green and doesnt go into protected or anything.

6. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

amp the stockers, thats the only way to add volume/clearity.

your speaker could be over excurting, causing the amp to short momentarily.

7. Scuba

Scuba New Member

its purely random. so amping the stock speakers would be better than adding new speakers eh? i will probably do that then. thanks!

8. Scuba

Scuba New Member

by the way i replaced the amp and line out converter and it seems to stay on now. only problem i have now is slight. some songs when certain notes hit have a lot of bass that is extended over a few seconds more than what it should be rather than be quick and clear like it should. its like extra bass is sent to the music and it kinda sounds like it echos. i think the loc isnt adjusted right b/c ive changed the frequency on the sub to about 80-90hz. also how high should i have the bass boost if i listen to mainly rock music?

9. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

i never EVER use bass boost. It creates a "muddy" sound in most cases.