Car Audio Opinions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mtxzx2, Jan 25, 2002.

1. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

Since Loudsystem hates all my ideas, I'll just put this out there for anyone to answer.

I am looking for new subs and amp to get in the next several months. Here's what I like so far:
    Hifonics Gen XI Hercules (1500x1 @ 1 ohm)
    -This amp is extremely efficient, and only requires an 80 amp fuse. With this amp, I won't have to upgrade my alternator. Does anyone know anything about this amp. Is it a good choice? Is it underrated at all?

Subs I'm still undecided on. I could do a single DD9515, which I think would own in a nice blend of SQ and SPL in a medium to large sealed box. I could do some Adire Shivas, or a single Adire Brahma. I could do a pair of IDQs perhaps. I'm open for suggestions on the subject, so give me some opinions.

AND NO JL!

2. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

If you want sealed, use the DD9015. As far as I know DD only recommends ported boxes with the 9515.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

um i would not use the DDs in a sealed box they are an spl sub do them a faor and use a ported

4. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

ok, the enclosure isn't what I'm worried about...I wont decide what I'm using until AFTER I decide which sub to get in the first place

5. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

The only Hifonics amp I have ever messed with was the collosus, and it shredded 4 power dvc 12s. That Hifonics is nice, but if you can get a memphis st-1500 for the same price go for it. That 9515 needs a lot of juice. And you CANNOT run it sealed. Do 4-5 cubes tuned in the low 30 hz region and you will jam. I have a Concept CC-D2400 on my 1 9512 and it's stupid loud.

6. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

fawk...Guess I'll stop lookin at that 9515 then...I need SQ as well as being stupid loud :o

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Get a couple of tempests instead of some shivas or a brahma. They will pound.

8. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Oz Audio Power Matrix
    IDMax

9. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

aight...new idea

instead of getting rid of the amp I have, I just add a second one :cool:
    I can run one to each sub and get 2 Audiomobile Mass 2010s or something like that :blue: :blue: :blue:

btw, I have an MTX 500d...does about 800 RMS

10. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

Re: Re: Car Audio Opinions

caps = :greddy:
    and it'll only draw that full 80 at max draw (playing test tones)...under normal conditions it's very efficient.

Anyways, read my other post. I'm just gonna get a second 500d. I'm trying to decide if i should get a new alt or get my stocker rebuilt. I would if loudsystem would ever get prices...... :o

11. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Audiomobile = :greddy:

12. mtxzx2

mtxzx2 Guest

then what do you suggest :rolleyes:?

not like it matters, i already changed my mind 112 times since my last post...right now i'm lookin at a single Brahma 12"

13. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

dude :kiss:

14. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

Doesnt seem fair that a certified judge has bias' against a particular product. :p
    Dont like JL amps or MB craftsmanship anymore either Bob?
    I hope you're kidding, otherwise it appears this forum has got the best from you.

Single:
    Crystal CMP/x2
    IDMAX
    Oz Audio Power Matrix
    Pair:
    Adire Audio Shivas
    Boston Acoustics Pro
    a/d/s 312rs.2
    Trio:
    Oz Audio 300L
    JLW6

Just throwing some ideas out...:)

15. Stupify

Stupify OT Supporter

I've got a DD 9015 with a mtx 81000d now and it pounds .. sq is ok .. but if you want something that is loud, great sq, and doesn't take up much room IDMAX all the way, and doesn't need more then 1000 watts either

16. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Actually, I should probably change that to "Matt Overpeck = :greddy:" I think Audiomobile products are awesome and a force to be reckoned with. I just couldn't live with myself if I bought a product from him. I'd give him a cup of warm piss, but I'd want change.

17. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

:naughty:

hehehe