car audio: ID12 or IDQ12 ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mojo, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i decided on these 2 subwoofers for my car stereo needs. im specifically looking for a woofer that will sound excellent with hip-hop/rap music at any volume given. i came up with the Image Dynamics IDQ12v3 or the ID12v3. i heard the ID (lower end model) will produce better overall sound toward rap/hip-hop music and would like to know if this is a true fact?

either sub will be going into a sealed 1.30cu ft box and be fed the rated amount of wrms power. can anyone confirm this?

quote from another forum: If you listen to mostly Rap hip hop music then you wanna go with Image Dynamics ID v3 series woofers. The IDQ and the ID v3 have basically identical sound quality except the IDQ will perorm better with rock music and the ID will do better with rap/ hip hop because of the extra 4mm or excursion. Also the ID v3 is cheaper than the IDQ and it really is a great little woofer, along with everything ID makes.

source: http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=66603&highlight=Image+Dynamics+IDQ12

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

depends on listener id say, if it were me id go with an IDQ, theyre also rated at 100 more watts RMS

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i wish their were people around my area with ID...everyone i heard or know of has mainstream equipment :hsd:

my previous setup were 2 12" kicker L7's in a ported enclosure tuned to 38hz (ebay box). it was loud and i had my share of loudness...wanting SQ now. just knowing what previous setup im comming from, would i be satisfied with either sub as far as SQ goes?

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

im going to assume better SQ from the IDQ

5. GSteg

GSteg Member

IDQ has better sound quality and will work in a smaller box. The trade off is the higher price. Either subwoofers will sound better than the L7, right out of the box.

6. denim

denim New Member

is the IDQv3 out yet?

7. nickgonzo

nickgonzo oh ya

LOL IS THE IDONE OUT YET :p