Car Audio for 1997 Jimmy or Blazer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maverik60, May 30, 2004.

1. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

Anyway im thinking of buying a used jimmy or blazer (1997 and up) and i want to get a pumpin system in it, thats loud sounds good and most of all doesnt rattle.

What would you guys suggest? have like 4grand to play with system.

2. "doesnt rattle"

if its loud, it will rattle, i have a 98 jimmy and the back hatch rattles a lot. to keep it from rattling you would need to install a lot of sound deadening.

as for loud, how loud do you want? and how much room can you sacrifice? the whole back area? because if you can do that, i would suggest 2 http://www.respl.com 12" XXX subs, in about 4 cubes each, ported around 33hz or so. and then i would get about 2Kw per sub in power. It would be loud, hit hard, sound decent, but it would rattle the shit outta your car.

MIKE

3. Hatchy

Hatchy Not just the President

I've been out of the car audio scene for awhile so I don't know what all is out there, but I recently auditioned a JL W7 sub, powered by a 1000 watt JL amp. Very loud with great sound quality. The W7 won't be as loud as the XXX, but it's definitely worth taking a look at.

4. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

i want it to sound good, like you can hear the bass but can also hear the singing/rappingetc.

5. spydaman54

spydaman54 Guest

go to the max and get as much as you can fit

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

talk to flynfrog