Car audio crew, quick question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by H.P., Oct 16, 2007.

1. H.P.

H.P. Guest

Ok I have a zune and I really hate the monster antenna transmitter or w/e for my truck. I was looking at getting an aftermarket hu for my truck. my questions is, does it just need a standard audio jack / aux port on the front?

Also thought about this,
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x9Lkto...Main.aspx?g=227450&I=469GM12AX2&search=gm+aux

hu i am looking at. nothing special, and I don't expect it to be for under 300
    [​IMG]

Code:
    Details:

General Features
        * CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
        * plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (will not play Digital Rights-protected music files on disc)
        * remote control
          Audio features:
        * System Q Sound Control with 6 EQ curves and a 3-band equalizer
        * "Supreme" audio processing for better sound from your compressed music files
        * speaker settings that allow you to tailor the sound to the size and type of speakers in your car
        * low-pass filter for the preamp outputs
        * dual zone capability so you can listen to different sources over the front and rear speakers
          Expandability
        * compatible with Kenwood iPod and Bluetooth adapters, and satellite radio
        * inputs: front auxiliary and USB inputs
        * outputs: two sets of preamp outputs (rear outputs can be switched to subwoofer mode)
    it says kenwood ipod adapter, but it looks like a standard aux port

if this won't work, anyone know of another budget double din I can hook my zune up to? Thanks

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Kenwood iPod interface is a little box that plugs in where the CD changer normally would and then from that little box you have a 6' wire with an iPod adapter on it.

From the specs you posted you can connect your zune via USB as if it were a memory stick. Take your Zune adapter from your computer, plug it into the USB port and plug your Zune in and you are good to go. It may not look as clean but it works. The only reason I got an iPod is because I have a Kenwood unit with an iPod interface. You wont get to use the Zune OS on the headunit as if it were integrated like the iPod inteface does...but you may still be able to operate throughout folders within your Zune. It may or maynot play protected files.

3. H.P.

H.P. Guest

thanks dude. any specific reason the aux jack wouldn't work? or is that where the ipod interface is? :o

4. GammaRadiation

AUX jack will work but then you will have to work your music from your zune instead of your head unit and you dont get the power charge like you would with USB. That is also another potential source of noise and signal quality losses.

5. H.P.

H.P. Guest

gotcha. I think I will look into this head unit then. thanks

6. GammaRadiation

I love my kenwood...if only they had a Zune interface so I could get rid of this stupid iPod.

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

doesn't that USB interface only recognize WMA files?

8. GammaRadiation

Not sure but that is something to look into. If true that is ghey. The CD player will play WMA and MP3.

9. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

No, played MP3s just fine on my mom's Kenwood.