car alarms...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by drgmizu, Oct 7, 2003.

1. drgmizu

drgmizu Guest

does anyone know what determines a good car alarm from another...don't state the obvious of whether your car is there in the morning or not...but...what's a good aftermarket one...i've got a clifford system :confused: for my 96 ex civic and i was wondering if it's a piece of shit or it's ok....and...does a kill switch really work...or is that just another 5 second deterant for car thieves to get around....any help will be great

2. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Guest

i have a clifford in my sports car. works great

3. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Clifford is supposed to be the top of the line. Most DEI alarms should be good.

4. C32

C32 *The M3 Executioner*

How do kill switches work?

5. drgmizu

drgmizu Guest

from what i was lead to believe was that when the car alarm is set...it automatically kills the ignition switch or starter..so...if one triggers the alarm...there's no way in hell to start the car and turn off the alarm without the key and pressing that certian type of button to over ride the kill switch.....

i could be totally wrong or mislead...but..this is what i was lead to believe...not all car alarms have one...so...i don't know if it's an added feature to ones car alarm or if it comes in one big alarm package....

if one can clarify this matter in depth a little more....i'll appreciate it..

6. dennisk

dennisk Guest

Simply, you could take your ignition line, and cut it, and put a switch in to open the circuit or close the circuit, and you have your own kill switch.