Cant use RDP to get into the server

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZaC851, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

So today we were having some issues with our ERP system on our SQL server and had to do a reboot. Got everything up and back to normal. Now the only problem is, no one can use remote desktop to get into it (The SQL server). I've made sure the "Terminal Services" service is running and it wont allow me to restart that particular service. I'm not sure if I know of anything else to check. Nothing changed other than rebooting the server and it was fine 10 minutes before. Any Ideas??

2. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

Does the server not respond? Are you getting an error at login? More details

3. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

Everythings back up and running fine other than rdp not working. Guess I'll need go look through the logs a little more. No errors at login.

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

if you can remote in from the server itself like sit at the console, rdp in then you know its working however if you cant get in thru the lan something is blocking it. if you can get in but you get a msg that says you are not allowed to connect because of terminal services or member of blah blah that answers another problem. more of a process of elimination at this point

5. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

6. FormulaLS1

FormulaLS1 Member

If you're on the box locally use netstat -an to see if its actually listening....

Also try restarting the TS service locally

7. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

true there was nothing listening on port 3389. But the service was started and said it was running (ts service) ...nothing in the logs that said there was any problems....I was logged into it through vmware and from what I seen and read...the TS service cant be restarted....

anyway once everyone was out of the ERP program today we did a reboot...got everything back up...and it works now. crazy...

oh well

8. FormulaLS1

FormulaLS1 Member

terminal services does that from time to time on a bunch of my XenServer VMs.