can't uninstall Sound Blaster audigy 2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Achance007, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

I having a hell of a time trying to uninstall/reinstall my sound card drivers. I get about 65% done uninstalling when I get error number 0x80040201 description: an event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers
    set up will terminate" then it closes. I've tried staring in safe mode and nothing will help. I did a search on google for my error number and it took me a computer forum and somebodies else's answer was
    "I have just completed fixing a system with exactly the same problem. There was a lot of work to be done in the registry and I would not want or expect you to go in or alter that unless you are completely sure of what you are doing. Firstly BACK UP THE REGISTRY search for and remove all SB LIVE then search and remove all SOUND BLASTER now comes the tricky bit search for CREATIVE but ensure they are to do with the sound files before deleting. Some of these files and folders will not delete unless you change the permissions on them first. After completing this simply restart the computer and reinstall the software."

now I was cool with hacking the reg looking for SB LIVE but when searching for Creative. How do I know which files have to do with sound files?????? There are a ton of stuff labeled creative.

2. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

anybody?? I really fawked something up and now I don't get any sound at all. Guess its Format C: for me :(