Can't trust.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Go991ST, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

OK, here's the story: Me and this girl have been together for a month, we've only known each other 2 months. We have a mutual female friend whom I get info from. :naughty:
    We're both 18 by the way.

Anyway, my problem is that I can not trust this girl for some reason. I have no real reason not to but when she tells me something like what she has done that day or where's she's going I don't believe her. I automatically assume she is lying and is gonna go out with some guy.
    There has been a few cases where I was sure she was lying to me but I later found out she was actually telling the truth so I try to tell myself that my instincts aren't always right, obviously.
    I'm not one of those controlling, psycho boyfriends but I want a GF I can trust. I never tell her I don't trust her or anything like that.

I have caught her telling "white lies" before.

Any other guys here have trust issues and what did you do to cure that?

2. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

i have this issue pretty bad... My ex cheated on me for the last year of our relationship, but I never knew cuz I thought I loved her. But ya, the feeling sux, but Ive gotten over it somehow. My current gf has alot of guy friends, some who I've met, some who I haven't, and they all seem pretty cool, not the type that would take a girl away from another guy. But because I have been lied to and cheated on before, every time she hangs out with her best friend (guy) Im thinking something is going to happen, but Ive seen him, and I really shouldnt be worried about it.

But to answer your question briefly, yes, and I just try not to think about the bad stuff... Or you can just post on OT a bunch to take your mind off it

3. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Sounds like you can't trust anyone.

4. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

Lute,
    Yeah my current GF has a ton of guy friends aswell. I've only met like 3 of them. Some of them are Ex BF's so I know there's an attraction there. I think there's a double standard with girls because all of my past girlfriends would be mad when a female would call for me so I just stopped having female friends. But it's always OK for girls to go out with their guy friends.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me so mad, not because she has guy friends but mainly because I can't trust her. I'm a skeptical person anyways.

5. RichieZero

RichieZero All I got in this world, is my balls, and my word. OT Supporter

I'm exactly the same way, in that I'm naturally suspicious, especially of women.

The only advice I can offer is to try to worry as little as possible. I'm not saying you should turn a blind eye to what she's doing, but there are some things you shouldn't, and can't help, i.e. her visiting others. Try not to worry about those parts.

Also, remember, if she cheats on you, then you should consider yourself better off without her. You should also remember that if she cheats and loses you, then it's her loss.

6. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

I think my gf only has like 1 friend that is an ex, but they only went out for like a week, didnt even do anything but make out, and then decided they were better off as friends. I personally dont care how many guy friends she has, because RichieZero is right, if she loses you, its her loss. I am prob. one of the most romantic guys i know, I surprise her all the time, I take her out every weekend, sometimes I ditch work to take her out during the week also. If you are really worried about it, tell her that you are and maybe you guys could work something out. Trying never really hurt anyone.
    Seriously, just tell her that you're worried, but aren't like paranoid 24/7 about her and her friends. Try to compromise something, like she doesnt talk to them while you're with her or something. All of my exes got pissed when my friends (girls) would call me and talk, but that's because Im sensitive and prob. the only guy they know that will listen and not judge them. But ya, just do what I stated and things should end up ok in the end.

7. i know exactly how you'all feel. i had a huge jealousy issue with my g/f, and i felt like i couldn't trust her at all. she'd always talk to me about her other friends (all of the guys) and what they were all doing that day, and her plans with them. she also lied to me a couple times about her feelings toward them. so i have a bit of a trust issue with most girls.
    what i did to cure my problem though; was i broke up with her and told her exactly how i felt about the situation we were in.

8. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

I've sort of got this problem too.

My gf always tells me stories that I feel are a lie, but I always find out they're true, these arent bad stories or anything, they're rather funny.

But sometimes at night when I'm texting her, she says she's not up to much or whatever, I always get the feeling she's texting other guys aswell with stuff.

I dunno :confused: I'm sort of over it now though...

9. cuz

cuz Guest

i have trust issues too from a long history of cheaters and liars i am much better tho, u just have to really try and trust her, and if you still dont, and you dont want to talk openly about this with her, try and catch her in lies like really pay attention to what she says shes doing and stuff and then if you are tlaking about it or something comes up, listen to what she says and if you havent caught her in a lie then shes probably not lieing to you, but if you do, and its more than once or twice then talk to her about it.