SRS Cant tell when girls are interested in me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crazyjester24, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

Im not sure why but i can never tell when a girl is interested in me, i consider myself to be fairly attractive, im in great physical condition and pretty outgoing but i can never A) hold an actual conversation with a girl or B) can never tell if they are interested in me. Im not sure if im just that oblivious or something but it really annoys me at times. I cant seem to tell, when i get anywhere with a girl i dont really see any signs other than they pay attention to me. I dont have any problems making moves once i think they like me but its getting to that point that i have a problem with, its breaking the ice that seems to be my problem.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Look at their bodies not at what they say. If they move towards you they are interested, if they move away from you they are not interested. Afteral would you want to be close with someone you hate? No right, but if you see a beautifull girl that catches your interest, you would like to be close. Yes right? Same counts for them, to break the ice simply start out by asking a question, how late it is ?(forget your watch on purpose if you have to ,lol)

3. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

Yeah, i kinda have the idea that getting closer to someone proximity wise when you dont know them seems pretty creepy or atleast thats how i view it, im more concerned im going to come off as some sort of creepy stalker type when i do something like that over being rejected, which really doesnt bother me.

4. Darketernal

Look,what the hell you live now right? You know from yourself that your not a creepy stalker so its ok for you to talk to them. Instead of being your own worst enemy in meeting girls' create possibilities for yourself 'just put your mind on zero and do it. How the hell could anyone meet anybody if they didn't initiate something? Don't be afraid to initiate, just say goto hell to whatever is stopping you and go for it.

5. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

thanks for the advice, never been great at talking to women.

6. Darketernal

Many guys have this omg a girl :eek4:, and go into some sort of idol worshipping state that causes them to become extremely anxious to even talk to a girl,but. . . The moment you stop caring is the moment you can start talking, don't go up to a girl with this idea of 'dating her' , just go for experience and let it slide. A good deal of humor can bring you a far end down the road, added with a couple of questions and compliments and your off.

7. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

I feel you on this. Unless a girl is sitting on my face, I'm pretty much in the dark and usually, if a girl did indeed like me, of course she has never said so outright (expecting me to take the signs and go with it), so they're confused when I'm not throwing back whatever signs they expect to receive.

I'm never looking, so a lot of the time, I'll just shoot the shit with a girl and I think (my own assumptions, so I could be completely wrong) that they're expecting me to make some kind of advance toward them, so when I do not, it's kind of like, "Eh, what happened just now?"

Like Darketernal was saying, some guys go cuckoo when they're getting into some stage with a girl (even if it is just having good rapport), but I think treating it as a more playful experience than something serious is going to ease things up.

8. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

nah im not like that, i dont get nervous or anxious when talking to them, but i seem to never know if one likes me or not. for example, if a girl smiles at me, im not sure if shes smiling because she likes me or if shes just being nice, thats something i suck at reading.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  9. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i have the same problem... i try to assume that they are interested in me no matter what, and act like that... but somehow it never works out...

10. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Make small talk with the quiet type. Some of us will take charge & rape you.

11. arfanrauf

arfanrauf New Member

Body Language should tell you.

12. Dabogy

Dabogy New Member

If you're talking to a girl, here are some things to take notice of:
    The direction her body is facing. If her shoulders are facing you, she's interested in talking to you. If she touches your arm, she's interested. If she scratches her hand, she's nervous (you can assume she's interested as a result). If she brushes her hair back during the convo, she's interested. If she's asking you questions, means she's interested in you.