SRS Can't seem to shake that last cigarette.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deusexaethera, Jan 27, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I quit smoking last winter, went through the withdrawal and the subsequent searing chest pain. (you know how it feels right after you cough when you have bronchitis? It felt like that for a week straight.) It lasted for a few months, then I had a bad visit with my mom over Easter, and I started smoking again. Very quickly went up to half a pack a day on a regular (but not everyday) basis, then this past fall I put myself on a plan where I smoked 4 a day for a week, then 3 a day for the next week, and so on. It worked well.

I can't seem to get past the 1 a day mark, though; I might skip a day because I'm busy until I go to bed, but on days when I have 20 minutes of free time before I go to bed, I'll use that time to smoke one cigarette. I rarely feel the urge to smoke more than one, but I don't. Just one. I can't decide if I should care about that one; it doesn't seem like such a big deal in the big scheme of things. It's not a half a pack, that's for damn sure.

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

so you are smoking only one cigarette a day? i'm confused.

3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Confused?

He said he was on a cut back plan. Smoking 4 a day for a week. Then 3 a day, so on and so forth.

Sounds like he is stuck @ the 1 a day. How long have you been at the 1 a day stage?

I don't see it being bad at all really. You know the issue and you know exactly what you were smoking before. I'd say just go with it until you don't feel the need for that one anymore.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

if you are still smoking, then you are still smoking. You haven't quit. And if only one smoke a day is not bad for you (ha), why does it bother you to stop it?