SRS Can't seem to find my Muse...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jester, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Hmm. Never made an Asylum post before. :sad2:

Basically, I've been taking life a day at a time for a while, hoping something would interest me enough to really go after it.

Which was fine, for a little bit. But now, I'm going to turn 29 in a couple of weeks, and that attitude hasn't gotten me anywhere so far.

The oddest thing is that I am a great Devil's Advocate and am good at problem solving. Additionally, I am pretty good at seeing the endgame of any idea for action that I might have. So I kind of know the solutions to my minor issues already, but I go back and forth quite frequently with myself.

And in the short term, I know that if I worked out again, I would feel better, for a little while.

I know that if I pursued further education, I would be interested and feel like I accomplished something, for a little while.

If I got a new job, or even tried a new career, it would be the same story...

Or, I could methodically pick up a girl and fuck her, not caring what she said, who she was, or about any of those things that should be important. I could game plan her and use input/output logic to get in her pants. But that would make me happy for all of 8 hours before I regretted that. Been there, too.

The trouble is that I have done all these things before and come to the same end... over and over again, ad nauseam.

I've known I've been a severe ADD case for a while, but I have resisted taking medication because I have a strong opinion that people try to medicate themselves out of their problems instead of dealing with them head on.

Basically, until I've done something, I think it will be the best thing ever. Then I do it once, and I have no interest in doing it again, thinking that something else will be the best thing ever. I can't even see the same movie twice.

Any feedback? :hs:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

I have thought in the past that meeting the woman of my dreams might help... however, I have met her twice, and she has led me into the very depths of insanity once and into a sad state of regret the other.

3. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

don't rely on anyone else to make you excited, i know it seems like such a easy game to plan, but it will let you down harder than anything else, more often than not.

In terms of your original post, if you tried those things and can't get enjoyment/fulfillment from than and you insist you have ADD, maybe it's not a bad idea to try talking to your doctor and taking some medicine? I'm a huge no-medicine person, but at the same time, if you're strong and understand medicine is often used as a quick fix and have tried other means... it doesn't hurt to try medicine. Doesn't hurt to see if you feel better, obviously under the supervision of a doctor!

My only other maxim would be that maybe due to a odd occurance of bad choices/luck the things you tried weren't really what you were looking for i.e. choosing the wrong major in school, choosing the wrong type of work, meeting the wrong type of girls...

idk, just throwing some things out to let you think them over, hopefully, someone can offer better advice than me. :hs:

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

:cool: Good words, man.

Maybe I have tried the wrong things in the past, with respect to school/major and work and whatnot.

Honestly, I would rather take some night classes and try a different field of study (again) than get on meds.

At 29, I like to think I still have time to do whatever the fuck I want... it's not like I'm 45 and have a family that depends on me or anything.

And my money situation is good, so I have that kind of flexibility, at least.

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yeah man. I'm anti-medicine to so i can understand. IDK, i noticed you're in the chicago suburbs, as in the city suburbs like Evanston, Rogers Park, or NW like northbrook, wheeling, etc.. or OTHER..lol

maybe moving closer to the city, will give you that excitement, i goto school at Loyola and it gets pretty tame after awhile living in the city, but i also don't goto bars/clubs etc... if i could, i'd love to goto jazz clubs, get a friend to go a sports bar or something every now and than... you can try different places every weekend, that way, you have something to look forward to... idk just another tip i thought i could throw in.