SRS Can't remember the last time I was truly happy...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Saluki, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Saluki

Saluki New Member

...and it kinda sucks. The kind of happy that I'm talking about is the kind where all I have to do is think about it and it makes me smile or at the very least puts a shit eating grin on my face for a week. I know I'm not depressed, I know that feeling well and this isn't it. I think it's just a realization of sorts. I don't even really know why I'm posting it here, I guess just to get it out of my system. :hs:

I really thought when I was growing up that ~20-28 (I'm 23 btw) would be the best time of my life and I guess in a way it is because nothing bad has happened in a long time but nothing good either...

Thanks for reading

2. TZ

TZ Banned

do u have friends? not trying to be mean, i just know that laughing & hanging out with people you like puts ppl in a good mood.

3. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Yeah I have great friends and we all hang out on a regular basis. Hanging out with everyone does put me in a good mood and everything but it feels like there isn't much of a difference on the inside.

4. JudyVu

JudyVu New Member

It nevertheless sounds like depression to me. I hope you recover from whatever it may be soon. At your age you should find joy in every day.

5. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Are you getting enough exercise?

6. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

JudyVu: Thanks and I'll talk to someone, people looking in can usually see it better than those looking out.

Forum95: Yes I'm getting a lot of exercise, I got to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and my job has me constantly going up and down stairs to get in and out of underground enclosures. Thanks for the replies!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  7. JudyVu

JudyVu New Member

That's good news, Saluki!

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

yeah i know the thing, all the old folks said "oh 16 is the best age of your life"
    Reality = nothing happend,

And even more reality is when you realise that 'no you are not always missing out a party somewhere' , and most of the times things are not as good as they seem to be. Its a fata morgana,utopia,mirage or just fake idea that people hold in front of you, its important you realise what the reality of your life really means for you. But on top of that you should realise that life is what you make of it, not what people say it is.

9. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Darketernal thanks for the reply, I do realize life is what you make of it and that's where my frustration comes in. I do try to make my life fun, exciting, etc but I'm not happy. I'm a very positive person, maybe I just expect too much.

10. Orly_Yarly

Orly_Yarly New Member

I don't think you're expecting 'too much.' I'm 28 and still waiting for "Happy" to happen. In retrospect, I suppose I'm a little fortunate, to not totally understand what you're going through.

I, too, have heard life is what you make it, and I, too, have tried making things fun and exciting, etc. But there just always seems to be something, all the time, that knocks me the few steps back, that I seem to take forward. It's all I know - it's the only constant in my daily living.

One day... and I hope for you the same