Can't play MP3s on LG VX8300

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kansas, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Kansas

Kansas Rise and destroy.

I bought a micro SD card mostly to play my MP3s on the LG VX8300's integrated MP3 player. However, not only will the MP3 player not work, when I search for the files (which are there, in the card) it doesn't find them.

What gives?

2. mrchina

mrchina Guest

did you enable MP3's to work?

In the menu hit 0 (zero) a bunch of times until a new menu comes up. From there scroll down to Number 11, which is "Music Setting" and click "ok". From there move the curser down to "mp3 enable", click "ok" and then it should pick up your music and such.

3. bliss1004

bliss1004 New Member

If you have the new software version. t83vzv03 (i think) it will only recognize wma files. The older software recognized both

4. cigarrett

cigarrett New Member

You could flash your phone to run the older software.

You also have to format your memory card.(theres a way to do this using your phone, but i forgot)

It would also be good to set the play button on the front of your phone to play the mp3's

and do the thing that mrchina said

5. comatose

comatose New Member

Same problem with my vx8500. What you have to do is once you insert the card into your phone and try to use it, you got to take it back out and put it in the card reader again. Take all the files you have on there (the mp3's) and then move it to "My Music" it's a folder your phone will automatically put on the card...sub folder if you will. Otherwise if you had pics in there or videos (MP4, if supported), it wouldn't know what to do with it.

There should be 4 or so sub-folders (i haven't done this in quite a few months) but it should be My Sounds (ringtones) My Music (mp3's) My Flix (Video) and My Pix (Picture files)

I had to do this with my GF's vx8100 or 8300...whichever one she has.

Let me know if this work, and if not, i'll try a more step by step by step process. But it should be pretty easy.