SRS can't get this girl out of my head

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by moses, Nov 29, 2006.

1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

we dated for the past 2.5 months and things were going really good. it felt like there was definite potential for something long term, but she's got major baggage, and isn't ready for something long term.

So in the past week it went from everything awesome, to us barely talking and when we do it feels like i'm bothering her. Its fucking tearing me up inside because i let myself get close to her and now it feels like she's pushing me away even though my behavior really hasn't changed at all.

how the hell do i get back on track and move forward? I don't want to lose her as a friend because she makes me feel really good and pushes me to do better with my life.

2. johan

johan Active Member

You can't really have her as a friend ANYMORE, because as you say you are all torn up over this.

Most people can no longer be friends after they've been intimate. Well, some try to stay friends but find it hurts too much.

A few are able to do this, but they are typically very mature (not you), or else a great deal of time and many other relationships have passed since then.

So...are you done with her, or are you looking for a way to salvage this relationship?

3. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

well, we still talk daily, just not as much. she invited me to out of town with her on NYE this last sunday night. So i'd like to think that she doesn't wanna stop talking to me or hanging out with me.

4. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

if you find a solution to this problem please PM me, as i am curious as well...

5. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Thats prolly a good thing that you two still talk...but what you had before you prolly wont have again with this person....

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

thats what i'm affraid of :sad2:

i don't have a problem meeting girls, i just actually liked this one since my standards are pretty high.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Are you clingy?

Seriously, you guys still talk daily, she has invited you to hang out. Sounds like maybe the honeymoon phase is over, and she is realizing that she doesn't want to spend every waking moment with you. This is completely normal...

It sounds like she is still interested, she's just taking a healthy amount of space. I suggest you work on doing the same.

8. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

TO be honest with you....I have some high standards cuz of my last relationship and I still talk to her on a daily basis and we are good friends but nothing will ever come from that again. So now that my standards are kinda high I have to try to find someone that I can relate to or I should say have a decent conversation with. Where I am from ( not dissing on all women) but the ones by me are all fucking retarded ass dope heads and they spend all their time and money in the bar. I guess what I am trying to say is that, its hard to find that person that you care about and have feelings for and you might have lost this last one but you just have to keep looking....

9. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i'm thinking this may be it, and its all in my head. I haven't been in a real relationship in over 5 years, just dating on and off and never found anyone with real potential.

i'm working on the space thing, because i see myself obsessing about it from time to time and I hate that i'm doing it. Over-analyzing ftmfl.. i just need to take a chill pill, hang out and do my thing.

10. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

i know that i was that girl once. in my situation i had feelings for the other person too, but i didn't want to bother them with my problems, because i had so much "baggage". just something to keep in mind. maybe she just doesn't want to hurt you.

11. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

For the love of god, take this advice, don't end up like me and go through the shit i went through trying to be friends with my ex who dumped me. See my thread if you want.

12. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

she'll drop cryptic hints off all the time, like she's "thinking about me all the time" "cares about me so much" etc...

i know she's got some shit to deal with, and she needs to. so i think its best if i just kinda do my thing and let her talk to me/hang out with me at her own pace.