SRS Can't get over this girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CT Cubs Fan, Mar 2, 2006.

1. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

Ok I'll try and make this as short as possible. I am a freshman in college and I had no experience with anything physical before this lady and had been single for the last four years. It happened kinda randomly and having a very low self image I thought she was way outta my league. Basically it was for the last two months and she treated me kinda like shit really. She was never happy to see me and rarely ever wanted to do anything remotely physical and when it did get physical she was rather unforgiving of my inexperience. She dumped via AIM last Wed. 7 hours after my grandmother's funeral. The real problem now for me is that I get sad as I'm always thinking about it, and even though it is an impossibility I would go back to it without hesitation. I keep thinking about all the mistakes I made that didn't keep her happy (I was whipped bad). She really did drag me along and then, at the worst possible time in the coldest possible way she left me. Why the hell can't I handle this!?

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

You can't handle it because it hasn't been that long. You gotta wait; time heals. :hug:

3. Gladiator

Gladiator Guest

She is not worth you, your low self esteem is bringing out the worst in you. If she treated you like shit and dumped you...don't go back. The girl you find should be sharing the feelings you have, not constantling giving you hard time for being who you are...love with two couples is not unconditional.

Yeah, it will take some time, but by going back to this relationship you will only make yourself feel worse. Of course you can do better than her...find someone who will treat you good and not bring you down, dont let it get to you for to long. Obviously she treated you like shit for a reason, she doesn't want to be with you so find someone who is. You could not make her happy, since you were whipped you must have tried pretty hard to make it work, and it didnt, it takes two people putting effort in and loving one another to create an "ideal" relationship.

Get over it... I really do understand how you feel, I've been in a similar position before.

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Because you see this as failure. Obviously, you are looking back at all the things you should have said, should have done, etc., in order to make her like you.

I know it's hard to really nail down, but you need to find out more about yourself so that you can be yourself and not second guess how you portray yourself, if that makes any sense.

Even if you figured out what the right things to say and do would be to get this girl, you would still be pretending to be something in order to get someone that you have convinced yourself that you want. Then, once you had her, you'd start to realize that all her negative qualities (that you already know) mean that you should kick her to the curb.

It is really not the girl you can't get over; it is what you did to make her not like you that you can't get over.

5. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

:hug: Thanks people