SRS Can't get along with peers...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by korverftw, Nov 9, 2008.

1. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I'm 20 and in college. I have one really close friend that I hang out with a lot, other than that I'm pretty lonely -- I keep myself busy playing instruments, learning music, and playing video games. I've been single for about a year and I'm really interested in finding a lady friend, as well as some like minded guy friends too.

The problem is I can't stand anybody at school. It's been like this since 9th grade. I get along with maybe 3-4 people outside of my family, one of which I'd consider a real friend (we're pretty much the exact same person). I know it sounds odd, but I just get really pissed off at most people around my age group for no real reason, and because of this I typically keep my mouth shut during class (lest I say something rude), do my work, and go home.

Not really sure why, but college is starting to suck with no friends. Am I depressed?

2. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

Sounds similar to how I feel at certain times.

High school was alright I suppose-it was in college when I really started to have a negative view towards a lot of people. I didn't know at first why I judged others so prematurely, but eventually I started to isolate myself, even from my roommates to a certain degree. I had a lot of fun my first year but things got boring; I saw a lot of people change and everyone I knew just seemed to fall into the college stereotype-I guess they felt life was just beginning. For me college just didn't seem to be what I thought it would be.

It is kinda weird to be in the middle of college and not have many friends. It was so easy to meet people the first year but now that everyone has their dedicated groups it certainly is hard to find new friends whom you will spend a lot of time with. I'm really focused with school right now and spend most of my time in lab, and outside of that I play instruments, watch anime, etc. As much as I would like to meet others my issue is that I want to meet specific types of people who will inspire me and help bring out my potential AND share the same ideals as me.

Now that I think about it, the reason I got fed up with my old friends/groups was that I didn't feel they were good influences on me. Eventually I somehow got the impression that everyone I was going to meet was the same and so I didn't make the effort to try to find those few people.

Have you asked yourself why you can't stand anybody? There has to be a reason in my opinion. What exactly is it you can't stand? For me, a lot of students were spoiled, lacked real direction in life and many just seemed to be insatiable with a simple life.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

so...go to places, do things that you enjoy, and don't be afraid to make friends who are older?

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd:

I've literally always been friends with older people. Even now out of college my friends are a few years older than me because that's just the company I like to keep :dunno: Get off the computer and do things you are interested in. Maybe you'll meet people older, maybe younger, maybe your age! But at least you'll be doing something you enjoy.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think the only thing you learn from being introverted is that you need to be extraverted, introvertism is a pathway to lonelyness. The best thing to understand is that everyone wants something in return, if you want to have a friend then you need to give them something in return , its not real friendship no, but in return you will get companionship, its better not to wait for that spontanious friend, its better to continuesly invest,go out and get friendship and relationships in return.