SRS Cant get a promotion at my job

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by /yourself, Feb 19, 2007.

1. /yourself

/yourself Guest

This has been bugging me out lately, apparently so many people at my job are against me getting a promotion to a higher position within the company. The reason being is either one or all of the following reasons:

A) im the only person who does all the work/knows everything in my department
    B) for some reason, the guy in charge of hiring does not like me at all, i honestly don't know why.
    C) the people in the department im gonna get promoted to is jealous of me cuz i got promoted within 3 months of my employment here

How would you normally deal with this problem? I obviously dont want to work with people that hate me if i proceed to push through with the promotion. I honestly don't care about the promotion at this moment since i dont have the time to dedicate more HOURS at that new position, but the damn pay is waaay better.

This shit is just seriously bugging me out

2. mrchina

mrchina Guest

If you feel you should be promoted, and there is a spot for you to be promoted to, then talk to your boss or the guy in charge of hiring. Tell him or her why you should be promoted. If guy in charge of hiring says no, Ask him why he feels you wouldn't do a good job in that promoted position. Counter-act with specific examples of what you have done that makes you qualified. If he doesn't give you a good reason if you're not the one promoted, leave the company after you found better people to work for.

Edit: And yes, you do care about it otherwise you wouldn't have made a thread.

3. teo

teo . => ? => !

If you can't get the promotion you want at your company and you're the one who knows/does all the work... start looking elsewhere. It's amazing what a company will do to retain a competent employee when said employee starts looking elsewhere for work and the company is faced with the prospect of hiring/training another to take that employee's place.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

If you keep getting passed up, talk to your boss and see if he has any insight what makes the other candidates better than you.

If he has no real answer, it's probably time to polish up the resume and start looking.

There could be a logical answer but none of us here would know it.. but that's my suggestion.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would go against everything and get promoted anyway.

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

and how do you propose this? :ugh:

A promotion is what you're elevated to.. you don't just wake up and say "i want a promotion"

god damn....