SRS Can't Focus

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BwanaKuu, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I am trying to write a paper that is due Friday and I just can't focus right now. I know what I want to argue but I can't seem to connect my evidence to my argument like I usually do. I feel like there's some sort of barrier and I just can't figure out how to work through this thing. My mind is blank and too full at the same time, if that makes any sense. It's like I have way too many things running through my head that I blank out and can't focus. I tell myself to focus, and think "Focus" but it just isn't working, my mind stays blank.

This usually never happens to me with writing; the words and sentences seem to just flow easily. Not tonight. And I want to at least get a rough draft finished tonight before so I can revise it tomorrow.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

low test probably

3. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I assume you mean testosterone? I workout every day, isn't that supposed to raise your testosterone levels?

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

What's the hurry? You have all of tonight to finish it :o I never had the motivation to write until I knew I only had a few hours left and had to get it done right then.

5. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Well, I'm trying to get an A on this paper and it's kind of hard to write when you just can't figure out what to write. I have a very rough draft done now, but its a piece of shit that needs heavy revision and I still feel like I can't quite write what I really want to say. It's like I know that I can make the connections I need to make, but for some reason, my mind just isn't letting me and just remains blank so I really have no idea what to write.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Most of the time, the problem with not being able to focus is the fact that you have multiple things on your mind at once.

Is there something on your mind that is distracting you from doing your work? Is a game on? Friends around bugging you? Parents be obnoxious?

Separate yourself from everything that is on your mind and that is bugging you, and that will give you the ability to focus all of your attention on one thing.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

How long is said paper? How long have you known about it?

8. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I've been writing it in the library so there are few distractions (except when I get on the internet :hsugh:).

The paper is 4-5 pages long and I've known about it since last week. I've been thinking of ideas since it was assigned but when I came down to actually trying to write it, I got this huge block put up.